Thread: Hunt for Bell Trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Hunt for Bell Trade

Full PPR league.

I receive LeVeon Bell & Nick Chubb. (Bell returning Week 7)

I trade away Kareem Hunt & Robert Woods.

Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, F, TE, K, D.

Current Roster.
    QB: DeShaun Watson.
    WR: Hopkins, Hilton, Woods, Desean Jackson, Crabtree, Keelan Cole, Allen Robinson
    RB: Hunt, Alex Collins, Javarious Allen, Rashaad Penny
    TE; Jimmy Graham

Current waiver claim to grab Ronald Jones and drop Crabtree.

This trade would leave me with a starting WR/RB of Hopkins, Hilton, Bell, Collins and then hopefully someone (Chubb, Penny, Jones) takes over RB duties to fill in my flex position.

Worth giving up Hunt and Woods to wait for Bell's return? I feel like this is the only time to get the top 1-2 player in fantasy without overpaying completely.
    10 Team Keep 70 Total. Currently 9 Keeper spots. League Established 2012. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench,4IR
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, SV%, SV, SO

F: Marchand, JT Miller, Zibanejad, Robertson, E. Kane
    D: Josi, Fox, Bouchard
    G: Shesterkin

12 Team Modified Keep 4. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1U, 2G, 4 Bench, 2IR
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, H, B, W, GAA, SV%, SO

F: Matthews, M. Tkachuk
    D: Makar

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Hunt for Bell Trade

1) There are reports Bell is coming back week 7. There were also reports he was coming back week 2 and reports he would be in the building by the end of September. We don't actually know if Bell is coming back week 7 or week 10.

2) If Bell comes back to the Steelers, is he getting the same role as before? I doubt it.

3) I don't actually think Bell will play a snap for the Steelers, in which case does his running style work on every team? Really tough to say. His patience is incredible, but that also works because the Steelers line is great. Much hard to be patient and wait for holes when there is instant penetration and no holes.

4) Robert Woods is a good player.

5) The Rams and Chiefs are basically the two best offenses in the NFL.

I wouldn't make the deal.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    1) There are reports Bell is coming back week 7. There were also reports he was coming back week 2 and reports he would be in the building by the end of September. We don't actually know if Bell is coming back week 7 or week 10.

2) If Bell comes back to the Steelers, is he getting the same role as before? I doubt it.

3) I don't actually think Bell will play a snap for the Steelers, in which case does his running style work on every team? Really tough to say. His patience is incredible, but that also works because the Steelers line is great. Much hard to be patient and wait for holes when there is instant penetration and no holes.

4) Robert Woods is a good player.

5) The Rams and Chiefs are basically the two best offenses in the NFL.

I wouldn't make the deal.
    Ditto.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Veteran

If you had the RB depth to field a quality lineup while waiting on Bell for 3 or more additional weeks, I'd do this deal (unlike the others who have commented, I do think Bell plays for the Steelers this year -- like any other team (and maybe more than most given Ben's closing window and AB's discontent), the Steelers need to win NOW; Bell very clearly gives them their best shot to do that if/when he reports).

But, in my view, your team just doesn't have the RB firepower to withstand the hit of losing Hunt.

Collins, Buck Allen, Chubb, Penny, Ronald Jones ... there's not a full time/stable RB among them. At this point and for the foreseeable future, none of Chubb, Penny or Jones are good bets any given week to receive more than a handful of touches, much less a sizable workload. Heck, even though it stands to reason that one of Collins or Allen has to be the "primary" back on the Ravens, it's anyone's guess right now which one of the two that actually is.

So given the circumstances, I also think you have stand pat. By making the trade, I think you'd be setting yourself up to really struggle until Bell returns and resumes a relatively normal workload.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post

But, in my view, your team just doesn't have the RB firepower to withstand the hit of losing Hunt.
    Good point! I'll hold pat and try to upgrade my lackluster RBs instead of upgrading the only viable RB I have (Hunt)
    10 Team Keep 70 Total. Currently 9 Keeper spots. League Established 2012. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench,4IR
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, SV%, SV, SO

F: Marchand, JT Miller, Zibanejad, Robertson, E. Kane
    D: Josi, Fox, Bouchard

12 Team Modified Keep 4. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1U, 2G, 4 Bench, 2IR
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, H, B, W, GAA, SV%, SO

F: Matthews, M. Tkachuk
    D: Makar

Dobber Sports Titan

For what it's worth Bell is gonna take like 2-3 weeks to get into gear. But, I think they run him into the ground when he does get into gear.

You have a toy that's amazing but you have 5hrs to play with it. You have a toy that's good, but you have 5days to play with it. You're going to abuse that 5hr toy.

I'm not acquiring Bell in fantasy 1yrs this yr unless I'm like 6-0 going into week 7 kind of thing.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll