Thread: Trade Kareem Hunt ?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Trade Kareem Hunt ?

I have been proposed this trade...Alshon Jeffery Phi. WR, and Alex Collins Bal RB for Kareem Hunt KC RB. I'm quite hesitant on accepting this deal. That's why I ask in here, thnx

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Trade Kareem Hunt ?

Quote Originally Posted by RickO View Post
    I have been proposed this trade...Alshon Jeffery Phi. WR, and Alex Collins Bal RB for Kareem Hunt KC RB. I'm quite hesitant on accepting this deal. That's why I ask in here, thnx
    All depends on your roster, record and league format.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    All depends on your roster, record and league format.
    Start..
    QB, .. 2 WR's,.. 2 RB's, ..TE, ..W/R/T...TE...K ..Def

currently my team consists of QB: Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins, Matthew Stafford
    WR: Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson, DeShaun Jackson, Chris Godwin.......Jackson & Godwin Week 5 Bye
    RB: Kareem Hunt, Phillip Lindsay, Joe Mixon..........Mixon Questionable
    TE: Trey Burton...Week 5 bye
    K: Adam Vinatieri, Randy Bullock
    Def: Carolina

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RickO View Post
    Start..
    QB, .. 2 WR's,.. 2 RB's, ..TE, ..W/R/T...TE...K ..Def

currently my team consists of QB: Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins, Matthew Stafford
    WR: Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson, DeShaun Jackson, Chris Godwin.......Jackson & Godwin Week 5 Bye
    RB: Kareem Hunt, Phillip Lindsay, Joe Mixon..........Mixon Questionable
    TE: Trey Burton...Week 5 bye
    K: Adam Vinatieri, Randy Bullock
    Def: Carolina
    Yes, you need to do something. And that's a pretty fair offer, but still not one that blows me away enough to accept it on the spot. Even though I think Hunt is poised to disappoint for the rest of the season relative to preseason expectations and name value, I still think you may be able to get more for him.

He DOES still have significant name value. And there are likely people in your league who likely STILL will be quite interested in the prospect of buying a recognizable piece of the KC offense who had a Round 1 value on him not much more than a month ago (despite the fact that KC's offensive success has a lot to do with capitalizing on and playing to the strengths of Mahomes' skillset, which has a negative impact on Hunt's opportunities for touches in the passing game).

So I'd go back to the other team with the message that you appreciate the offer and while it's not unfair, you'd want a bit more to trade Hunt given his value as the bell cow RB on a juggernaut offense, blah, blah, blah.... See what he/she does.

And make it known that you'd have to be pretty blown away to sell off a guy like Hunt without first putting it out to the league to solicit all offers, etc. (which you can and should do unless you get blown away).

Good luck!
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Newbie

thnx, really appreciate your advice