Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: TRUMP

Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    You should show some proof of such things if you're going to throw such harsh accusations around!

Here's an example of proof.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Lowest unemployment rate for black/African Americans over 16 y/o, ever, and decreasing by the month.
    You ask somebody for information on the grounds that you "Honestly have no idea", and then you bash the person who answers your question? And provide information as to why that person is wrong? I thought you had no idea?

Now, while Rataylor22's comments may come across as harsh, there is a lot of substance behind his statement. Trump was sued twice for racial discrimination. He countersued, which was dismissed, and settled both cases of discrimination.

Actual Trump Quotes: "Laziness is a trait in blacks", and "Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day."

He thinks that educated black people are in a better position than white people: "A well-educated black has a tremendous advantage over a well-educated white in terms of the job market. I think sometimes a black may think they don't have an advantage or this and that... I've said on one occasion, even about myself, if I were starting off today, I would love to be a well-educated black, because I believe they do have an actual advantage".

Many of his supporters are blatantly racist, and he doesn't call them out. He refused to disavow David Duke and white supremacy when they were supporting him. In Charlottesville, one person was killed and 19 injured as a group of white supremacists rallied screaming racial and ethnic epithets, and Trump blamed both sides without condemning white supremacists.

He dismisses the reality of Police Brutality.

He thinks that the slavery era was a good time for the United States.

He is antagonistic towards the Black Lives Matter movement.

His stance on immigration and Muslims affects black people too.

The whole kneel in silent protest NFL fiasco exists because of Trump. The NFL is taking action in order to pander to the President. I promise you, if Obama was still President, the NFL would not be making a stand like they are.

He does everything he can to supress voter's rights, which largely affects black people.

Does anybody actually not see how he might not be great for black people?

And by the way, I might be a "SJW" in some people's minds, but I have no problem stating that Trump is immoral...

Rylant

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post

Here's an example of proof.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Lowest unemployment rate for black/African Americans over 16 y/o, ever, and decreasing by the month.
    Yes. Trump caught the Obama wave. The only thing we can say about Trump at this point in regard to Black/African American unemployment is that so far Trump has not derailed the positive tide that the Obama administration created.

Unemployment-rate-from-Obama-to-Trump.png
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Yeah. It was actually "my African American friend".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGvBZysVzpI
    yep, you're right.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Repeatedly being racist, propagating hate and violence within his base, endorsing KKK and white supremacy groups and movements in the southern US, etc.
    Remember when he said he did not know who David Duke was, and that he was not going to disavow his support until "learned more about his organization". Hilarious
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

Until(s1)

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Depends who you ask. Someone objective or an SJW ?

Perfect example of SJW logic when discussing Trump...
    1) Donald calls Person A unintelligent.
    2) Person A is a woman.
    3) Person A is also black.
    4) Ergo, Donald Trump is targeting black women and is therefore both a racist and a misogynist.

A non-SJW, on the other hand:
    1) Donald didn't necessarily call Person A unintelligent because she's black, nor did he call her unintelligent because she's a woman. He may have called her unintelligent because she's actually dumb.

10 examples of this...
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ist/985438002/
    Ok I have to ask what's an SJW?

Until(s1)

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Fixed
    I made it quite clear the words had been changed.

Since I believe in equal rights for women and minorities, I'm pretty comfortable being a "warrior" for that Social Justice. I'm not the portion of the population that history will look back poorly on.

Dobber Sports All-Star

for anyone interested, google "laziness is a trait in blacks"
    I did, because I highly doubt Trump (even if he actually IS a racist) would be dumb enough to say that quote.
    Sure enough, first hit I got... "Did Trump really say those things?" Washington Post July 2016

re: "Laziness is a trait in blacks"
    < This is a secondhand quote, something that someone has alleged that Trump said. So it should be viewed with some skepticism. >

FWIW, I think many people (who wrongly attribute stuff like that to Trump) have good intentions.
    But when you spread stuff as "actual quotes" without checking your facts, I can certainly understand why Trump gets defensive and makes all the "fake news" claims.

I debunked that laziness quote in about 20 seconds of research. I've said it before, there is plenty of actual truth to pin on Trump. Focus on THAT stuff instead of doubling down on BS which makes ALL of it seem questionable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.77f46846bc67

True. There is such a vast catalogue of verifiably despicable things Trump has said and done there really is no need to use examples that are not 100% verified at this point. It only feeds his credulous base with more media hate and bile when a claim is not found to be 100% verified.

In this instance it is just a he said she said thing. Likely true, judging by Trump's past words and actions, but unconfirmable.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Oh really, which ones?
    If you're going to play immoral games like that, intentionally misquoting someone, you can surely understand that you've now opened the door for others to do the same to you.
    This guy on morals lol

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    True. There is such a vast catalogue of verifiably despicable things Trump has said and done there really is no need to use examples that are not 100% verified at this point. It only feeds his credulous base with more media hate and bile when a claim is not found to be 100% verified.

In this instance it is just a he said she said thing. Likely true, judging by Trump's past words and actions, but unconfirmable.
    Facts are the facts. Thank you for that. However, sometimes Trump tries to make a point by saying " well a lot of people are saying..." So he gets his statement out. Without it being attributed specifically to him. Kinda sneaky?

Until(s1)

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    Ok I have to ask what's an SJW?
    lol San Jose Winger. Come on. Get with it.

Dobber Sports Sage

It's a warrior who cares very much about social justice... in and of itself, a very honourable pursuit.

Unfortunately, people... being who they are... eventually corrupt that pursuit with their own biases, misinformation and ideologies (often unintentional I'm sure).
    I have to say, honestly, that I pity people like you who are still drinking the Trump Kool-aid. Not very much pity, but enough to register.
    Former FBI director Robert Mueller, the love-child of Eliot Ness and Sherlock Holmes, and a life-long Republican, is about to lay out A staggering array of crimes by the Donald, his family, and his close associates. TREASON, conspiracy to defraud the United States, money-laundering and tax evasion are among the most serious federal felony crimes you can commit. Collusion with the Russian government will be proven, laundering cash for Russian oligarchs under sanction by the US will be proven.
    It will be very difficult for you and others like you to maintain even a shred of personal credibility after Trump is uncovered as a racketeer who has compiled his fortune from dirty money paid by America's most implacable enemy, and gained the Presidency by participating in a scheme by that same enemy that defrauded the US election process. After this is all laid out, any person who supported him will be rightfully liable to be excoriated, heckled and badgered until the end of time. I would think you might want to get ahead of what is coming and maybe tone down your shameless Trump propaganda. Food for thought.

Dobber Sports Star

for anyone interested, google "laziness is a trait in blacks"
    I did, because I highly doubt Trump (even if he actually IS a racist) would be dumb enough to say that quote.
    Sure enough, first hit I got... "Did Trump really say those things?" Washington Post July 2016

re: "Laziness is a trait in blacks"
    < This is a secondhand quote, something that someone has alleged that Trump said. So it should be viewed with some skepticism. >

FWIW, I think many people (who wrongly attribute stuff like that to Trump) have good intentions.
    But when you spread stuff as "actual quotes" without checking your facts, I can certainly understand why Trump gets defensive and makes all the "fake news" claims.

I debunked that laziness quote in about 20 seconds of research. I've said it before, there is plenty of actual truth to pin on Trump. Focus on THAT stuff instead of doubling down on BS which makes ALL of it seem questionable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.77f46846bc67
    You are absolutely right. I should be more careful with the things I am suggesting people said. As I have said before, I am biased in my opinion towards Trump, and despite my attempts to remain objective, there are times when I fail. I have followed him for years; I do think he is a horrible human being in one of the most powerful positions in the world, who abuses that position in the worst possible way. I still need to be careful to present my argument in a credible way, and when I post a quote which is hearsay from somebody who admittedly doesn't not like the man, it hurts my argument. I do apologize.

I still think that the substance of my post still remains. I think that it is easy to see that he is not good for many different groups of Americans, including black people; despite my poor choice of a quote.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    You are absolutely right. I should be more careful with the things I am suggesting people said. As I have said before, I am biased in my opinion towards Trump, and despite my attempts to remain objective, there are times when I fail. I have followed him for years; I do think he is a horrible human being in one of the most powerful positions in the world, who abuses that position in the worst possible way. I still need to be careful to present my argument in a credible way, and when I post a quote which is hearsay from somebody who admittedly doesn't not like the man, it hurts my argument. I do apologize.

I still think that the substance of my post still remains. I think that it is easy to see that he is not good for many different groups of Americans, including black people; despite my poor choice of a quote.

Rylant
    well said

Until(s1)

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    JFK and LBJ both helped to dismantle the South's bigoted, racist Jim Crow laws that essentially left blacks in the south as serfs or indentured servants with none of the rights guaranteed by the Constitution. Bobby Kennedy would have taken it further but he was assassinated on the road to the Presidency in '68.
    Sorry, I should have specified when saying what have past Presidents done, I meant recently. Obviously what you mentioned, goes without saying, the single most important step that any POTUS could have made for the black community. Since then, it's been far and few between, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    You ask somebody for information on the grounds that you "Honestly have no idea", and then you bash the person who answers your question? And provide information as to why that person is wrong? I thought you had no idea?
    I asked someone for proof to accusations that should have some kind of factual base when you throw them around, due to the sensitive nature.

I honestly had no idea, made a simple "unemployment rate of African Americans" google search, and 2 minutes later had statistics from a government website (a legit - non-biased source).

The real issue I have with your statement is when you say that I "bashed" him by providing proof as to why I believe he is wrong. No, I didn't bash him, I simply used statistics and legit proof to backup a point I made, and because it didn't fit his/your agenda, all of a sudden I'm now attacking him?

Listen, I don't personally know anyone on these forums, and therefore cannot like or dislike any of you personally. I will respect you and your viewpoints regardless of whichever side you may fall on, but I will call you out if you're tossing around statements that seem untrue.

Here's a question for you Rylant. If Donald did in fact say "I've said on one occasion, even about myself, if I were starting off today, I would love to be a well-educated black, because I believe they do have an actual advantage" how does that make him a racist? Why would a person say they would like to be black, if they truly thought of blacks as an inferior race?

Either way, at the end of the day, there would be no progress without discussion, so I'm glad we get to have lots of different viewpoints from many great minds on these forums to debate these touchy subjects. I just wish more proof was shared to backup claims, instead of the mob mentality and buzzword's being tossed around like everything being said are, in fact, facts.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby