Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: TRUMP

Hey guys, we just legalized weed in Canada today... come up for a visit... might help everyone chill out a little bit

Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Just adding a little levity to the conversation. I laugh at Bill Maher when he makes fun of conservatives.
    But heaven forbid conservatives should ever poke fun at liberals.

There's no point in talking numbers... I mentioned the employment record earlier, for example (best in decades). Completely ignored.
    And those few who don't ignore it, just claim it has nothing to do with Trump anyway.

Same thing with the economy and stock market. "Oh, those were already strong at the end of Obama's term."
    I watched the election. I remember it well.
    The markets were soaring when it became evident Trump was going to win.

The country being divided on the other hand... well now, that's a bad thing, so let's blame Donald for it.
    Some even find a way to blame him for North Korea testing nukes since 2006. lol
    I give you both points. PS thanks for the,levity LOL. The stock market and the economy have improved at a faster rate since Trump took office. But it's not based on anything real. The economy is driven by the demand of the middle class. If they have more to spend, the economy grows. The Trump tax cuts have had a euphoric response in the economy. Kinda like a sugar high. But there is nothing to sustain it. I have seen no credible evidence that real wages are going up in any significant way. Sure some feel richer because ther 401k balances have gone up. Some jobs coming back, but what kind of jobs? Not coal jobs like Trump promised. In fact the tariff fiasco will likely stifle demand because prices will go up.

der trump. Unemployment is also better.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Star

And, just to be clear, I probably don't like Trump any better than most the left leaning folks in here. Like I wrote earlier though, I disliked Harper too. But, putting my feelings aside, he has better business sense and is a better leader than Trudeau. Far better... even though I like Trudeau as a person more. How or why is it really relevant that Harper's a jerk and Trudeau isn't? I don't think it is.

I apply that thinking to Trump. Just because he's bold enough to have some of his questionable behaviour and opinions out there for the whole world to laugh at, it doesn't mean I think Hillary would have been a better leader. Hillary would have been a disaster. But she played the politics game better.
    Oh, and her moral compass isn't exactly glistening either...
    You do have good points here. Over the years, we have had many of what I would consider to be bad presidential candidates, because of their drastically different views than I have and their stand on many policies. Bush, Bush, Dole, Reagan, Romney. One thing they had though, was that even though I disagreed with many of their stands and policies, I never questioned their ability to do the job. I think Romney would have been a bad President, but he knew how to do the job. I wouldn't be concerned with him having authority over nuclear weapons, or sitting in negotiations with other countries. Trump is a different story.

With him, I am so skeptical about all of his motives. I believe that he actually believes in climate change; I believe that he actually believes tougher gun control laws would save lives, but he is so bought by oil and the gun lobby, that he denies it. He is so motivated by his own personal gain, that I don't trust anything he does. I think that he literally does not care a lick about the student saddled to their ears with student loans, or anybody in the immediate area of the next mass shooting in the US, or the people from Flint Michigan who are still not able to get clean water, or somebody with a pre existing condition, or the child who is still separated from her mother at the border, or the next generation who inherits the world in the ecological state it will be in. From where I stand, it's corruption to the core.

Now, Hilary is also not an angel. I don't trust her either. But I do think that she is leaps better than Trump. Is she free from corruption; no, I don't think so. But I do think she cares about mass shootings, and the rights of women, and climate change, and income inequality. To me, it's a night and day difference.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    You do have good points here. Over the years, we have had many of what I would consider to be bad presidential candidates, because of their drastically different views than I have and their stand on many policies. Bush, Bush, Dole, Reagan, Romney. One thing they had though, was that even though I disagreed with many of their stands and policies, I never questioned their ability to do the job. I think Romney would have been a bad President, but he knew how to do the job. I wouldn't be concerned with him having authority over nuclear weapons, or sitting in negotiations with other countries. Trump is a different story.

With him, I am so skeptical about all of his motives. I believe that he actually believes in climate change; I believe that he actually believes tougher gun control laws would save lives, but he is so bought by oil and the gun lobby, that he denies it. He is so motivated by his own personal gain, that I don't trust anything he does. I think that he literally does not care a lick about the student saddled to their ears with student loans, or anybody in the immediate area of the next mass shooting in the US, or the people from Flint Michigan who are still not able to get clean water, or somebody with a pre existing condition, or the child who is still separated from her mother at the border, or the next generation who inherits the world in the ecological state it will be in. From where I stand, it's corruption to the core.

Now, Hilary is also not an angel. I don't trust her either. But I do think that she is leaps better than Trump. Is she free from corruption; no, I don't think so. But I do think she cares about mass shootings, and the rights of women, and climate change, and income inequality. To me, it's a night and day difference.

Rylant
    I could not agree more with your post!
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

Until(s1)

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    This exactly for me. I believe he puts his personal agenda ahead of the countries. Everything seems to be in his best interest and not the nations. He is totally part of the economical problem in the USA. Greed!

How can a person that is so prejudice, misogynistic, bullying, cheating, narcisstic, uncaring, insensitive, unpatriotic, etc. etc. etc.......give a crap about America or any human?

Most of his supporters are totally sheeple. Like the women and minorities that stand behind him at his rallies holding up signs such as 'Women for Trump' and 'Blacks for Trump'. All that shame for what, $50? Maybe that's what he means when he says that more people have jobs.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    This exactly for me. I believe he puts his personal agenda ahead of the countries. Everything seems to be in his best interest and not the nations. He is totally part of the economical problem in the USA. Greed!

How can a person that is so prejudice, misogynistic, bullying, cheating, narcisstic, uncaring, insensitive, unpatriotic, etc. etc. etc.......give a crap about America or any human?

Most of his supporters are totally sheeple. Like the women and minorities that stand behind him at his rallies holding up signs such as 'Women for Trump' and 'Blacks for Trump'. All that shame for what, $50? Maybe that's what he means when he says that more people have jobs.
    Making me laugh talking about the rallies.. Love when he pointed during his rally and said " Look at my black friend over their". How sadly funny.

Until(s1)

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just curious, because I honestly have no idea, but what exactly has any President before Trump done for the black community...?
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    Making me laugh talking about the rallies.. Love when he pointed during his rally and said " Look at my black friend over their". How sadly funny.
    Yeah. It was actually "my African American friend".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGvBZysVzpI

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Just curious, because I honestly have no idea, but what exactly has any President before Trump done for the black community...?
    Even if the answer is "nothing", that's miles more than the negative Trump has done.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Even if the answer is "nothing", that's miles more than the negative Trump has done.
    What exactly has Trump done that's negative? Again, just curious, because I have no idea.
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

What exactly has Trump done that's negative? Again, just curious, because I have no idea.
    Repeatedly being racist, propagating hate and violence within his base, endorsing KKK and white supremacy groups and movements in the southern US, etc.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Repeatedly being racist, propagating hate and violence within his base, endorsing KKK and white supremacy groups and movements in the southern US, etc.
    You should show some proof of such things if you're going to throw such harsh accusations around!

Here's an example of proof.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Lowest unemployment rate for black/African Americans over 16 y/o, ever, and decreasing by the month.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I was kind of wondering this too.
    For whatever it's worth, Kanye West absolutely loves Donald. Loves him. Although it seems Kanye is a little bit eccentric himself, no ?
    I wouldn't think that an endorsement from West is a good thing.....and yes, just a bit eccentric, but has been diagnosed as being bi-polar.

Dobber Sports Sage

JFK and LBJ both helped to dismantle the South's bigoted, racist Jim Crow laws that essentially left blacks in the south as serfs or indentured servants with none of the rights guaranteed by the Constitution. Bobby Kennedy would have taken it further but he was assassinated on the road to the Presidency in '68.

Trump has done nothing for the black community, and never will. Trumps base hates black people and Trump knows this. He constantly insults them and only has a few token stooges like Kanye on his side.

Depends who you ask. Someone objective or an SJW ?

Perfect example of SJW logic when discussing Trump...
    1) Donald calls Person A unintelligent.
    2) Person A is a woman.
    3) Person A is also black.
    4) Ergo, Donald Trump is targeting black women and is therefore both a racist and a misogynist.

A naive, head in the sand person, on the other hand:
    1) Donald didn't necessarily call Person A unintelligent because she's black, nor did he call her unintelligent because she's a woman. He may have called her unintelligent because she's actually dumb.

10 examples of this...
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ist/985438002/
    Fixed

If you use the term SJW flippantly, you're not objective.

How terrible, people fighting for social justice and equality.