Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: TRUMP

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: TRUMP

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Because they like the color ? Because the sun was bright ?
    Both good reasons to wear A hat.

Why does it matter ?
    Having to ask this question demonstrates your complete lack of a clue when it comes to the nuances of living in the real world. These things to matter, even if you want to deny that they do. You don't even have to really understand it (though it easily understood if you put in even a touch of effort into this). The hat was a symbol being used by Donald Trump and his supporters, and carries the associated baggage that goes with it. Now, you may agree with a lot of what it stands for, but it still exists. It's still real. It's not a big old nothing "berder". Just the fact that you ask this question means you don't get it. I doubt you or the millions of others who ask this question ever will. And that's a massive problem.

Is that why it's still ok for CNN not to retract and apologize to those kids ?
    No.

You do realize those kids' families were getting death threats because of all the bogus reporting, right ? All because of an article of clothing. And a smirk.
    Ok then. Perfectly reasonable reaction, I guess.
    No, not perfectly reasonable and not acceptable at all. But not 'only' because of an article of clothing and a smirk. But I would say the article of clothing provides a whole lot of context to why this issue was (in my opinion unfairly) brought up.

The hats are just an excuse for the left to go after Trump supporters and push their narrative. It's that simple.
    Because, in all their glorified hypocrisy, they only believe in freedom of expression if it aligns with that they want to express.
    They fail to realize that someone wearing a red Maga hat is no worse than someone choosing to wear a blue Hillary hat. Both are meaningless.
    Wrong. The hats are not an excuse. The hats are a placeholder and a symbol of the divide in the United States (and in other places in this world) that currently exists. It's not the only symbol, but it's one that clearly places someone within a specific tribe. A tribe that (in general terms) shares a lot of values that many others find distasteful and disgusting. When a parent sends their kid out the door wearing their hat, they are communicating certain values to the world. Values that are at complete odds vast numbers of other people. Even if these kids were completely innocent in their actions (which they most certainly were not), the simple act of wearing the hat communicates something to everyone else who sees them out and about. To deny that is to be culturally blind, or intentionally ignorant.

You can shout 'Oh it's just an article of clothing and nothing else' all you want, but you are simply dead wrong.

Dobber Sports Sage

Most of your post is nonsense to me. You are obviously a psycho. Get professional help. I dont care about CNN or anything that your drivel was referring to.
    I was asking about the hats. Why do they wear them if they are meaningless? Everything a kid wears has great meaning to them.
    Also, you are Canadian. Why do you care so much? You seem to delight in arguing over the meaningless daily dramas the media feeds the simple-minded. And it doesnt have anything to do with you or your native land. Its very odd, extraordinary really. I think a clinician will take great enjoyment from your case study.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I care because the media here (e.g. CBC) has the same fake approach as CNN does.
    As for your ad hominem response, maybe watch more stuff like this instead of the fake news garbage.
    Let some love flow into your heart.

This is something I don't understand. When CNN backs up EVERYTHING they say with video and audio footage, how can it be fake news? Do you really think they somehow, with technology only available to them, manufacture the footage? Also, if it really is fake news, then why doesn't Trump sue CNN for defamation of character. Or lack of it? Please explain.

Dobber Sports Pro

Cant believe y'all are still going at it....and its the same 5-6 people from 2 years ago having the same arguments where none of you have changed each others minds or changed the way you present your arguments.
    Im not upset, enjoy yourselves....just dont see what there is to gain.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Cant believe y'all are still going at it....and its the same 5-6 people from 2 years ago having the same arguments where none of you have changed each others minds or changed the way you present your arguments.
    Agreed. This thread needs to get away from attacking one another immediately. Final warning.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Be nice to see some of this energy put toward answering hockey threads.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    It's Trumps fault. He is polarizing members of the site, just like his fellow Americans. It's a conspiracy. One hockey site at a time.

Dobber Sports Jedi

There's a specific section for non-hockey threads. Why allow them to be made if it's frowned upon? Why are you commenting in a non-hockey thread if you don't approve of them ?

Am I allowed to ask these questions, or does that somehow fall under the definition of "attacking" on this site?

I've paid money to dobberhockey since 2007 or 2008. And there's nothing in terms of service that says I need to devote a minimum amount of time/energy to hockey-specific threads.
    Right?
    So why is this even an issue? And why is a mod presenting it as an issue? If people are spending too much time in non-hockey threads, maybe CLOSE THOSE THREADS already. Don't give people the option to use them. But as long as they exist...
    Ask whatever you want.

I think you should simply read my comment vs. read things into it.
    There's a lot of energy being spent by varioius posters ONLY on this thread.
    No where did I say stop, or anything even remotely close to that.
    I simply said - spread the energy around. There was nothing to read into that. Nothing.

Have a nice day.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Ask whatever you want.

I think you should simply read my comment vs. read things into it.
    There's a lot of energy being spent by varioius posters ONLY on this thread.
    No where did I say stop, or anything even remotely close to that.
    I simply said - spread the energy around. There was nothing to read into that. Nothing.

Have a nice day.
    That's how Trump supporters react Lucafen. Always on the defensive. lol although, he is right about "as long as the thread exists".

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    That's how Trump supporters react Lucafen. Always on the defensive. lol
    No need to make generalizations like that, It doesn't lead to good places. Judge people by their own actions.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    No need to make generalizations like that, It doesn't lead to good places. Judge people by their own actions.
    I believe I did.

Administrator

I believe I did.
    No, you applied it to all Trump supporters. That's a blanket statement.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Is there a minimum amount of energy that needs to be spread around ?
    Could you quantify it for me? 10%? 30% ? Just want to make sure I'm compliant.

I mean, hypothetically, one could make the argument that some people here should spread more of their energy throughout all aspects of their lives (even outside these forums).
    i.e. Buy the guide, sure, but then go spend more time with family, for example.
    But, thankfully, I don't see anyone presenting that hypothetical.
    After all, it might be a little rude to tell others how and where their energy should be spent.
    Well... it is a hockey forum - that ALSO has space for special interest threats. I think a logical conclusion would be that most would come to post about sports/hockey. Otherwise, there's a plethora of websites dedicated to the Trump debate.

I just don't see why people (more than one) would seek out a fantasy sports site to debate politics.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    No, you applied it to all Trump supporters. That's a blanket statement.
    That's because I believe all Trump supporters are defensive.

Administrator

That's because I believe all Trump supporters are defensive.
    Pretty dumb belief considering how every person in the world is different and have their own reasons for supporting or not supporting a person. I suppose it's just easier and requires less thinking to paint everyone in a group with the same brush...