Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP

Dobber Sports Pro

Default TRUMP

So it comes out today that Fred Trump not Donald Trump was the source of nearly all the family fortune. Donald was making $200,000 a year salary at 3 years old. Was a millionaire by 8. And was getting money from his dad into his fifties!

Self made man?

is their anything real about this guy? Or is he the ultimate film flam man?
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: TRUMP

Total con. The guy is just despicable. Period.

Latest. Seen how he mocked Christine Ford at a rally last night. Unbelievable. Just unbelieveable.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This was known way before he got elected. You just needed to do a search on Trump. Problem is those who voted for him, the vast majority I bet, were clueless and only went on first impressions.

By the way, if you watch the Roast of Donald Trump, you'll see Seth McFarlene make fun of him about his fortune coming from his dad.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Star

How we can go from the best President in my lifetime (maybe ever) to the worst President in history, overnight, is beyond me.

Rylant

Dobber Sports All-Star

Not only is Trump a fraud, he is a criminal. Nobody can deny it now. Not that he will be charged, but there is no middle ground here anymore for the die hard Trumpsters.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Master

that speech in front of the UN council where he pats himself on the back and the response of laughter says it all

Dobber Sports Sage

The vast majority of his voters don't care about this. They are so entrenched that unless he killed one of their kids, they'd support him regardless that the GOP's agenda does not help the majority of the country. The fact that approximately 40% of America supports him is disgusting and embarrassing.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    How we can go from the best President in my lifetime (maybe ever) to the worst President in history, overnight, is beyond me. Obama was a drone-missile murdering, free press silencing, drug war escalating, mass deporting, detainee torturing war criminal just like the rest of modern American presidents. The real difference is he was actually sane, didn't say openly racist and offensive shit and laugh about it, and actually seemed to give a damn about the office and country over which he presided.

Rylant
    It's called racism, my friend. Alive and well. Obama was a drone-missile bombing, free press silencing, drug war escalating, mass deporting, detainee torturing war criminal just like all the rest of the modern American presidents. The key difference is rhetorical, aspirational. It's not like Obama was very different from George W. Bush, but when it comes to Trump you just have someone who is clearly delusional, says openly racist and offensive stuff that your drunk uncle loves, and doesn't seem to really care about the office he holds or the country over which he presides. That's the shameful part, that we elected a mean, degenerate crook who is quite literally becoming senile before our very eyes. It's the ultimate spectacle.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    The vast majority of his voters don't care about this. They are so entrenched that unless he killed one of their kids, they'd support him regardless that the GOP's agenda does not help the majority of the country. The fact that approximately 40% of America supports him is disgusting and embarrassing.
    almost halfway through trumps term and who are the dems grooming to be the candidate in 2020 ?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    almost halfway through trumps term and who are the dems grooming to be the candidate in 2020 ?
    They're not. That's the problem. So many potential dem candidates out there right now, all currently looking like they'll cannibalize whatever momentum the others might start gaining.

The real problem I see for the dems right now is someone like Avenatti being a potential candidate. Reports are that he's been making stops through Iowa and other early indicator locations. Obviously, not a traditional politician (much like Trump). A flamethrower in his willingness to lavish criticism in pretty much all directions (much like Trump). And what started as a purely anti-Trump stump has now turned into him and establishment dems demonizing each other for their role in the Kavanaugh spectacle. And there are many people (inside and outside the party) who really don't like some of the candidates being bandied about: too liberal, not liberal enough, too inexperienced, too establishment, etc. That's how they say "not good" when unity and common purpose is what the party needs.

There's still time for this to be sorted out, obviously. But factions within the party (Hillary v. Bernie) was, at the very least, a significant contributing factor of what led to Trump's election in the first place. Democratic leadership has been abysmal for a while now, and there's no sign currently that it's gotten straightened out since 2016.

As it stands, there is no rallying figure at the forefront -- which maybe is the point you were making in the first place.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov

Dobber Sports Master

I wish as a Canadian, this shit didn't affect me but it does. Trump is the personification of just about every single short sighted point of view that I was raised to ignore / rise up against. I'm afraid that this generation will begin to believe that his outspoken views against women, immigrants and minorities is normal and acceptable, and that we will, as a whole, take three giant steps back from becoming truly accepting humankind.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Icon

He'll win in 2020. Bookmark it.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Wish the Dobber site had a simple LIKE BUTTON. Push it and let the poster and the Dobber world know you "like and agree" with whatever it is the poster has said. Anyway I'm hitting the imaginary "like" button as I totally agree with everything Bottlenecker has said below.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I wish as a Canadian, this shit didn't affect me but it does. Trump is the personification of just about every single short sighted point of view that I was raised to ignore / rise up against. I'm afraid that this generation will begin to believe that his outspoken views against women, immigrants and minorities is normal and acceptable, and that we will, as a whole, take three giant steps back from becoming truly accepting humankind.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    It's called racism, my friend. Alive and well. Obama was a drone-missile bombing, free press silencing, drug war escalating, mass deporting, detainee torturing war criminal just like all the rest of the modern American presidents. The key difference is rhetorical, aspirational. It's not like Obama was very different from George W. Bush, but when it comes to Trump you just have someone who is clearly delusional, says openly racist and offensive stuff that your drunk uncle loves, and doesn't seem to really care about the office he holds or the country over which he presides. That's the shameful part, that we elected a mean, degenerate crook who is quite literally becoming senile before our very eyes. It's the ultimate spectacle.
    Yes, I certainly did not agree with everything Obama did. But I do disagree with you; there is a lot of difference between Bush and him, and the difference between Obama and Trump is night and day. He believes in Civil Rights for racial minorities, women and members of the LGBT community. He believes that gun legislation needs to be stricter and believes it is a factor in US mass shootings. He believes in Climate Change. He believes in affordable health care. He tried to regulate the Big Banks. He believes income inequality is a huge issue in the US. He believes in the legalization of marijuana. He believes that assisted suicide should be legal in some circumstances. These are all things that I strongly agree with, and neither Bush nor Trump share these views.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Icon

Let me preface this by saying I am not a fan of Trump and a lot of what he does. I'm pretty much a centrist (leaning left), not impressed with either sides' extremes.

But...

If you keep calling 40% of the population a bunch of knuckle-dragging, racist, misogynistic, homophobic, beer-chugging troglodytes up to their necks in 'rape culture', because they want border control, limited immigration and more assimilation, due process when accusations are made, didn't like Obama (and harbour other opinions contrary to the self-appointed morality cops) don't be surprised when they stop listening to name-calling, trial by media, chanting mobs with signs on sticks who trash their own communities, and just vote for the other side because they don't want to be associated with the political identitarians on the left. Slapping labels on people because they have different views just shuts down any hope of actually understanding where the other side is coming from. And yes the right does it too. But not to the extent the left does.

And remember, you gotta live with them. Screaming names and not listening at all to any responses is not going to get anyone to change their minds (again, I don't even like Trump - but I can see exactly how he got elected and why he will be re-elected. All anyone is doing is becoming more entrenched).

(And yes I know what Trump rallies look like - it says something when that is appealing enough compared to the alternative to win).

PS - people laughing at him for the toilet paper on his shoe while he boarded the plane: he made you look. Now how much time is devoted to that trivial (and deliberate) "gaffe" on the news, and in political discourse? He's playing everyone, leading them by the nose. More fixated on his Twitter account than what is actually happening at the governmental level. But carry on.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin