Thread: Hinostroza vs Maroon

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Hinostroza vs Maroon

Pts only, cap hit league. Both player are at 1.5M. Both have projection between 40-50 pts.

Maroon seems to be starting the season on a line with O'Reilly and Tarasenko. Maroon will probably be part of the 2nd PP. O'Reilly has always had the role of a more shutdown center in his time in BUF. This time though playing with Tarasenko looks to me like a more offensive line with grit, but nothing says this line is going to stick forever, they might go back to Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko like last year which would hurt Maroon point wise.

Hinostroza will most likely play with Galchenyuk has his center. Unfortunately, Galchenyuk is injured now. My guest is that Galchenyuk stays at the middle throughout this season with Hinostroza at his right wing. Hinostroza will see 2nd PP mins just like Maroon.

Maroon has already produced at the NHL level with 43 pts and 42 pts in the two last years. Making in between 40-50 again is realistic. He has already bounced around the league. He was able to amass 13pts in 17 games last year after being traded to NJ. This year he sign to his hometown team a pretty cheap contract and people wondered why he didn't get more than 1.5M.

Hinostroza was traded by CHI to ARI to get rid of Hossa's contract. He has a higher ceiling than Maroon. If he clicks with Galchenyuk he could finish the season with 55-60 pts. Finding himself in a new environment might be difficult for him at first. Off the ice, Galchenyuk might not have the best influence on him.

I think I'm going to go with Maroon for stability and hoping he finds good chemistry with Tarasenko and O'Reilly which in my opinion would result in a probable 50-55 pts season.

What's you opinion?
    6Keepers Salary Cap League (79.5 M Cap - Players AVV)
    11 Teams / 12 FW, 6D, 2G, 3 Scratches

FW: 1G = 1A = 1 PT
    D: 1G = 2 PT, 1A = 1 PT
    G: 1W = 2 PT, 1OTL = 0 PT, 1SO = 2PT

FW: Panarin, Schmaltz, Tkachuk, Ehlers, Tavares, JVR, Maroon, Kadri, Schenn, Radulov, Bergeron, Kempe
    D: OEL, Dumba, Gardiner, Theodore, Ekholm, Oesterle
    G: Andersen, Scheinder

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Hinostroza vs Maroon

I'm a big fan of Maroon. But I think Maroon's floor and ceiling is lower than Hinostroza for this year.

I'd go with Hinostroza as his deployment will be more consistently positive. Maroon can bounce around the lineup, especially in St. Louis.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Hinostroza vs Maroon

I don’t see Maroon staying on the Blues 1st line very long ... I’ll go Hinostroza
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot