Thread: The Journey: KHL Breakout Candidates

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default The Journey: KHL Breakout Candidates

This week, I tried to find some candidates who could become the next Eeli Tolvanen or Kirill Kaprizov. I landed on three possible names: Vitali Kravtsov, Artur Kayumov and Artyom Manukyan. I hope you enjoy my article about them.

>>The Journey: KHL Breakout Candidates

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: The Journey: KHL Breakout Candidates

Solid article. Sheds light on Kravtsov?s ?slow? start.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you had to choose one of Kayumov or Manukyan to invest in, who would you choose?

Also wondering why dobber prospects has been so dead lately especially when training camp is underway and wouldn't this article be more fitting for that part of the site?
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    If you had to choose one of Kayumov or Manukyan to invest in, who would you choose?

Also wondering why dobber prospects has been so dead lately especially when training camp is underway and wouldn't this article be more fitting for that part of the site?
    Kayumov because he's the safer bet. He's a decent two-way player. Manukyan is riskier, and I don't believe his upside to be any higher.

The Journey is the only regular prospects-related article on the main site. DobberProspects will pick up steam soon enough now that development leagues around the world have started their seasons. That's where our focus mostly is, not on training camps. But there have been two prospect ramblings by Pat Quinn about training camps (here and here), and additionally, daily ramblings on the main site have done a great job updating what's happening on training camps.

The lack of content at DobberProspects is happening partly because Cam Robinson and myself are splitting our time between the two sites. We're also busy actually watching hockey games from leagues around the world - the start of the season is a busy time because you need to get first looks of the season from all those different leagues and there's also a new draft class you need to start scouting very closely. Not to mention we have our day jobs and try to have some sort of life outside this all.

But we are recruiting more writers, and if anyone wants to join our crew at DobberProspects, please apply following instructions from here: https://dobberhockey.com/hockey-home...join-the-team/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Do you think Kaprizov will come over in 2 years? Will he be good??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Do you think Kaprizov will come over in 2 years? Will he be good??
    Yes and yes.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Yes and yes.
    I am holding out hope!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Do you think it would make sense sending a prospect like D. Strome to add Kaprizov to your farm system? In a pts only league
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Kayumov because he's the safer bet. He's a decent two-way player. Manukyan is riskier, and I don't believe his upside to be any higher...

... The lack of content at DobberProspects is happening partly because Cam Robinson and myself are splitting our time between the two sites. We're also busy actually watching hockey games from leagues around the world - the start of the season is a busy time because you need to get first looks of the season from all those different leagues and there's also a new draft class you need to start scouting very closely. Not to mention we have our day jobs and try to have some sort of life outside this all
    Thanks for the advice, and apologies if I sounded like I was demanding more articles my error in judgement just thought there'd be a balance of prospect content and main site content cause of training camps etc. But now i understand and thanks for replying I totally get that it isn't your day job!
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    Do you think it would make sense sending a prospect like D. Strome to add Kaprizov to your farm system? In a pts only league
    I would personally keep Strome because of the immediate production you get from him but their upside is similar, and I know a lot of people would choose Kaprizov over Strome right now.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    Thanks for the advice, and apologies if I sounded like I was demanding more articles my error in judgement just thought there'd be a balance of prospect content and main site content cause of training camps etc. But now i understand and thanks for replying I totally get that it isn't your day job!
    Sorry if I was being too defensive but it's true that we haven't been releasing a ton of articles at DobberProspects, and because player profile updates don't show up on the main page there anymore, it looks like we haven't been doing anything. But new player profiles have been created and existing ones have been updated pretty frequently throughout training camps.

And the good news is that we're starting to get into regular season mode with our writing as well which means more articles coming out - and that's already visible now as we had two new articles released yesterday, one today, and we'll have one coming out tomorrow as well. So things are looking better already.