Thread: TJ Oshie vs Jeff Petry

Dobber Sports Icon

Default TJ Oshie vs Jeff Petry

31 team dynasty league where we keep players until we trade them or they become UFAs. Stats we use are goals, assists, hits, blocked shots, +/-, PP TOI/game, PK TOI/game, takeaways. We dress 4 forward lines (positions matter) and 6 dmen each week.

I have received an offer of Jeff Petry for TJ Oshie. I have also received an offer of Justin Schultz and Zach Aston-Reese for TJ Oshie. Should I make either of those moves.

My current lineup is this:

Hall - Carter - Granlund
    RNH - Turris - Oshie
    Johansson, Marcus - Bellemare - Gourde
    Caggiula - Sissons - Rust
    Extra: Kuraly, Suomela, Jaskin

Chara - Burns
    Lindholm - Larsson
    Djoos - Benning
    Extras: Heed

Should I accept either of those offers? The question is really Jaskin (or Kuraly or Suomela)+Petry/Schultz OR Djoos(or Heed or Benning)+Oshie.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: TJ Oshie vs Jeff Petry

One GM has offered me Petry for Oshie again while the other is now offering Justin Schultz + Charle Hudon for Oshie. Are either of those moves I should make?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would stick with Oshie
    27 Team Dynasty
    Multicat Points League
    80% of Actual Cap 65.2

F Ovechkin,Marchand,Landeskog,Drouin,Palmieri,Gally, Strome,Pageau,Kubalik
    D Barrie,Krug,Gustafsson,Hronek
    G Andersen
    B Arvidsson,Kassian,Giordano,Reilly,Francouz

Dobber Sports Jedi

I don't mind the Petry offer... a 40pt MC Dman for a 55pt forward - sounds very tempting.

I also like Hudon and don't see much difference between him and Oshie within the next 1-2 years - Hudon is going to be solid - hits, sog. a bit snake bitten last year. I'd be tempted more on the second offer to replace Oshie & give more D depth.

I like both offers. You don't get the periphs with the 2nd offer, but you build more depth on your overall roster. Unless a trade comes, Heed's value is toast. That'd be the obvious drop

The one flag on petry is that his value is propped up a bit right now with Weber out. 2nd half - when you need him the most Weber will return and his value will slump. The more I ramble, the more I lean toward deal 2 - Schultz/Hudon
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take Schultz/Hudon there and run. It's a 31 team league where you're getting a much younger guy who is pretty decent himself in Hudon, and a second useful player back.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd take Schultz/Hudon there and run. It's a 31 team league where you're getting a much younger guy who is pretty decent himself in Hudon, and a second useful player back.
    Thank you all for your thoughts. What does everyone love so much about Charles Hudon? He's playing less than 9 minutes per game right now with zero PP time as a 24 year old. What are people's expectations for him?

How many points do you think Oshie ends up with?

Dobber Sports Ninja

I honestly think both deals are bad and you're giving up the best player in the deal. I would hold off.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hudon last year had 30 points to Oshie's 47. Hudon had about the same total hits & blocks. Hudon took more shots, and he projects to increase his scoring. You have TOI, which isn't a good category for him, admittedly.

You're also getting Schultz who should move into your lineup.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.