Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DeAngelo what do you think of him?

Administrator

Default Re: DeAngelo what do you think of him?

Much better outlook today, though he still finds ways into play himself out of the lineup on a weak team.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I ended up trading him, I like him and he has massive potential on the offensive side, but coaches just don't like him, which is unfortunate.

Can't trust the Rangers coaching staff with him. That being said, I will try to get him back on my team in the offseason.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Spinorama514 View Post
    I ended up trading him, I like him and he has massive potential on the offensive side, but coaches just don't like him, which is unfortunate.

Can't trust the Rangers coaching staff with him. That being said, I will try to get him back on my team in the offseason.
    One must remember that NHL coaches are not fantasy league GMs. There is a lot more to a game of hockey than points.

I would be surprised if Deangelo played 50 NHL games next season.

Administrator

Agreed, there's more to coaching than giving a player 82 games due to his scoring ability. DeAngelo is a talented player with flaws. He might not be an every-night player but he still offers value to a team. It just isn't convenient in fantasy land.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

He definitely still has his attitude and I’m certain his regular shift leaves some to be desired, but I would bet money on him playing 50 games or more next year. He has 49 this year and the team is in full “see what we have” mode with their roster. I know I was surprised at the stat line considering the usage and the many nights in the press box. The scoring ratio seems decent. Not a star yet by any measure but I’m surprised at the output.

Dobber Sports Pro

Statistically speaking he is pretty much NYR's top defenseman but he gets scratched a lot for no apparent reason. Most points in less games and a plus player with almost everyone else in the minus. Averages close to 20 min/game so can't be playing overly sheltered minutes. Can a Rangers watcher comment on what the heck is going on?