Thread: Wheeler + for Tavares +

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Wheeler + for Tavares +

League in Sig.

My wheeler, huberdeau, and Gardiner for Tavares and Hamilton.

Hubs will likely sit on my bench most of the year barring an injury. I also have Stone to fill in and there are some solid free agents available.

Thoughts appreciated.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Wheeler + for Tavares +

Thanks for the quick reply - goals vs assists in the league are almost meaningless. Game winning goals and hat tricks get 1 point but it's not a huge consideration at the end of the day. Pp points are key.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

With no added benefit for goals I actually like Wheeler more than Tavares, especially since neither would likely be a keeper for you going forward. But Hamilton>Gardiner, so that makes it more even, especially if Huberdeau is of no value to you. Still, I'd stand pat. I think Toronto will run their team like last year, with no forward getting tons of ice time and thus hurting their output.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

In straight points - basically, Wheeler >= Tavares and I'm not willing to put Hamilton up above Gardiner either, considering over the last two years points are 95-93 Gardiner & also 28-26 PPP in favour of Gardiner. It's basically a wash of a deal... until you add on Hubs who's a 70+pt player.

fat pass for me.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I pass on this. Chasing the name in Tavares isn't worth it. You are giving up an elite depth piece for what looks like a lateral move in the main F/D pair swap.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Hamilton >> Gardiner. The leafs are loading up on PP1 this year unlike last year. Reilly's gonna get all the points and Gardiner will suffer as a result. Wheeler and Tavares are close, so ya, the deal's good I think.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Steve333 View Post
    Hamilton >> Gardiner. The leafs are loading up on PP1 this year unlike last year. Reilly's gonna get all the points and Gardiner will suffer as a result. Wheeler and Tavares are close, so ya, the deal's good I think.
    No one can say for sure how that PP1 will look given babcocks tendencies. And even if Gardiner “only has” Kadri, Nylanderc, Marleau and Johnsson, that’ll still be an above average PP2.

I want Hamilton and even the Canes to prove it first.

Close deal but I’m probably staying put and not giving away a 70 point forward who will help the other team more than help you. There’s a better deal out there for you I think.