Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Surprising Cuts

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Surprising Cuts

I wanted to start a thread to keep track of the players who were thought to have a spot but have gotten cut from their respective teams. Im trying to find a diamond in the rough that makes the team that nobody expected to.

So far for me the surprising cuts are

Drake Batherson
    Dylan Sikura
    Logan Brown
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Surprising Cuts

I believe Dylan is still with the BlackHawks no? I thought it was an error and that it was Tyler Sikura who had been sent down.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Owen Tippet sent back to OHL

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I believe Dylan is still with the BlackHawks no? I thought it was an error and that it was Tyler Sikura who had been sent down.
    You are correct sir.

Dobber Sports Ace

My bad I didnt realize there were two Sikuras. I thought TSN had just made a mistake.

Add to the list Joshua Ho-Sang. This guy is really struggling in a year that I had him pegged to have a spot locked down
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat Danglers View Post
    My bad I didnt realize there were two Sikuras. I thought TSN had just made a mistake.

Add to the list Joshua Ho-Sang. This guy is really struggling in a year that I had him pegged to have a spot locked down
    Wow ho sang is one I thought would stick with the team this year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Dobber's ramblings has Sikura as more likely than not to make the team.

Still battling: Alexandre Fortin, Andreas Martinsen and Victor Ejdsell – my picks for the final cuts – as well as Dylan Sikura, Matt Highmore, Dominik Kahun and David Kampf, who I think will make the team

Kahun is a Jesper Bratt level sleeper
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Wow ho sang is one I thought would stick with the team this year.
    Yeah me too.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lamoriello on Ho-Sang and Bellows:

Arthur Staple

“Thought he worked hard, gave us everything he had... He just needs to go to the minors, he’s got ability, go there and get over all these issues that I haven’t seen, that transpired in the past. He’s been excellent in camp. Just go grow and get better.”
    Lamoriello says he thought Bellows showed “more than I thought he would” and Ho-Sang was “excellent,” but neither did enough to beat out a veteran for a spot. “We have a lot of guys under contract. We need to see what we have with them first.”
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Administrator

Ho-Sang's demotion is not surprising considering the amount of bodies they have up front. It was probably by design. More tough love, make him earn it. He could be back soon if he has a good start.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Nick Hague sent to the AHL this morning, leaving Vegas with 8 defencemen.

Brannstrom stays with the team and McPhee has said he’d like to start the season with 8 defencemen on the team.

Kinda a surprise. I thought with Schmidt and Theodore out, Hague was a near-lock to start the season with Vegas.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post

Brannstrom stays with the team and McPhee has said he?d like to start the season with 8 defencemen on the team.

Kinda a surprise. I thought with Schmidt and Theodore out, Hague was a near-lock to start the season with Vegas.
    A lot of people haven't realized how much Brannstrom's defensive game improved last season. He didn't post crazy offensive numbers because he focused on improving his defensive game, and that's showing now. If you look past the numbers, he had a really impressive season in the SHL, so I'm not all that surprised that Vegas has Brannstrom ahead of Hague right now.

Here's what I wrote about Brannstrom back in February:
    Defenseman Erik Brannstrom (Golden Knights) is averaging about 17 minutes per game which includes time on the second power play unit and also some short-handed time as well. His defensive game has definitely improved from last season and he's making less risky plays now but with his skill-set, it's only a matter of time before he explodes offensively.
    And here's what I said in March:
    Defenseman Erik Brannstrom (Golden Knights) finished the season with 15 points in 44 games which was second best among teenage defensemen in the league. After the World Juniors, Brannstrom's average ice time went up to over 19 minutes per game and he scored nine points in 17 games. During the two playoff games, Brannstrom played 21 and 22 minutes.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    A lot of people haven't realized how much Brannstrom's defensive game improved last season. He didn't post crazy offensive numbers because he focused on improving his defensive game, and that's showing now. If you look past the numbers, he had a really impressive season in the SHL, so I'm not all that surprised that Vegas has Brannstrom ahead of Hague right now.

Here's what I wrote about Brannstrom back in February:

And here's what I said in March:
    I'm as high on Brannstrom as anyone, my surprise is that they didn't keep Hague up over say Jake Bischoff, considering the circumstances.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post

Brannstrom stays with the team and McPhee has said he’d like to start the season with 8 defencemen on the team.

Brannstrom was cut last night and has been assigned to the Chicago Wolves. I was hoping he'd get a taste of the NHL to start the year but maybe he'll get his later this season if opportunity arises.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Lias Andersson in New York is a surprise to me.