Thread: Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Tarasenko

Hi everyone!

I?m preparing for the upcoming draft. It is a 14 team one year league, basic cats, snake draft and my position is 12th. Yahoo has ranked Tarasenko 24 th, FHG much lower. I am considering to pick Tarasenko on my 2nd pick right after the turn. Or would you rather take E Karlsson if he is available or maybe... who? Why Dobber is so low on him? Yahoo rank is based on last (down) year but I am expecting more from him now that he is healthy?!?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Tarasenko

I'd take EK over Tank. Tanks a 40 goal - 70pt player. In a 14 team league, drafting 12th & 17th - there's a lot of players offering more offence at that point (19 over 80pts last year) than Tank. Consider EK should give you 70+pts as a Dman and it becomes more obvious why you let Tank slide.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

EK > Tank 11/10 times.

The reason Dobber is so low on him is because he looks like he'll never take that "next step" and will consistently be a 65-75 point player.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

The Great One

We've reached the point where, given his age and outputs, Tank's name value exceeds his actual value and thus his cost to draft is such that you'd likely be better off letting someone else in your league reach for him. If it was me, I'd take EK over him in nearly any format where positions matter.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Karlsson before Tank, no doubt!
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yep I think you gotta go Karlsson here based on the production from the back end. That being said, I do think Tarasenko will get back to 70+ pts and 35+ goals this season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Not to hijack, but EK ahead of these FW's?
    Panarin
    Gaudreau
    Kessell
    Eichel