Thread: Is William Karlsson is for real

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Is William Karlsson is for real

Hi, I'm in a not to deep keeper with average goalies and excellent defense. My forwards WILL BE good. Like Tolvanen, Debrincat, Connor, Puljujarvi, Bjorkstrand, Buchnevich and Jost.
    I don't have a 80 points scorer.
    I'm choosing third and Dahlin and Pettersson will be gone. I'm not sure if i'ts the right thing to choose Karlsson and let go Mittlestadt or Svechnikov.

Can you please give me your opinion on that....

I'm new on the forum and I don't know if I can bring more than one subject in the same post.

Do you think that Adam Boqvist or T. Liljegren are gonna be has good than M. Heiskanen. (always from a fantasy perspective)

Thank you

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Is William Karlsson is for real

stats will probably play a roll here but yeah your players are young and hopefully will breakout soon but you never know. with that though those other two are nice picks but your hope is they are doing what karlsson is doing NOW. so I would probably go with the guy producing now. but yes I agree hard choice. id be curious what others say.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Welcome to the forums Ken! I am convinced William Karlsson is for real. He passes the eye test for me - the guy is a player. Yes, I expect a slight downgrade this year in points, but only in the 5 point range. I've got him pegged at 72 points this year. I would also take Karlsson over Mittelstadt or Svechnikov due to the bird in hand theory. Those two prospects, while highly touted, can only hope to hit the high that Karlsson already has. Karlsson is only 25 years old, so don't go worrying about your team hitting their stride altogether.

I would rank those D prospects, Heiskanen, Liljegren, Boqvist.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Superstar

Another vote for Karlsson, he is for real. Only Petterson would I pick ahead in this draft
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with the other that Karlsson is for real and will get you 70-80 points for many years. But man, it would be hard to pass on Mittelstad or Svechnikov! The real question is: do the young prospects will be better in 2-3 years than 70-80 points?? Nobody can predict for sure but I think the gambler in me would take Svechnikov and hope he became superstar in the same time than yout other young fowards.
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would trade down to where it would be safe to take Svechnikov.. Ask the GM with 4th who he wants!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't believe in Karlsson. He's not for real, he'll get back to 55-60 pts and maximum 33-35 goals.

Vegas were too good to be true. They'll all regress quite a lot and don't forget that Pacio is now in town and is kinda the same type of player. He'll steal some prime time form WK.

Or you could, like the other said, try to trade down...

Plus, like you said, your forwards are young and will be good, so pick Svechnikov here. He'll be a Tarasenko-like winger, while Mittlestadt will be buried behind Eichel.
    14 Team Fantrax, G, A, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, Hit, Blk, FO%, GWG+ShGWG, W, L, SV, SV%, SHO
    Max Total Players: 31
    Min Active Players: 0
    Max Active Players: 17
    Max Reserve Players: 4
    Max Injury Reserve Players: 3
    Max Minor League Players: 15

C- MacKinnon, Seguin (RW), Bergeron, Kuznetsov, Hayes
    LW- Gaudreau, A Lee, Domi (LW), Olofsson (RW)
    RW- P Kane, T Wilson, Dadonov (LW), M Tkachuk (LW)
    D- Hedman, Carlson, Doughty, Spurgeon, Girard

G-Vasilevskiy, Varlamov, Stalock

Farm:
    F Hallander, G Denisenko, J Kuokkanen, C Garland, S Noel, A Barre-Boulet, J Marino, C Delia, J Korenar, D Tarasov, U-P Luukkonen, A Werner, J Annunen