Thread: Talk me off the ledge...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Talk me off the ledge...

Team 2 in sig. I have 2nd overall, which is the other of Svech or Dahlin, I think it'll be Svech, and 8th overall. Then nothing til the 4th round. Despite being in a win now mentality, I want to take Heiskanen at 8, even over other defensemen such as Ellis, Giordano, Faulk, Theodore. Please talk some sense into me or it's not that far fetched?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Talk me off the ledge...

I say go for heiskanen, last years defenseman of the year at 18 yrs of age in the Finnish league.

Ellis is a great defenseman but has Pk and Josi ahead of him, maybe even ekholm too. Giordano is a great defenseman but getting on in age. Although if your all in on win now mode he may be the best bet for this year. Faulk is gonna take quite a hit from Hamilton joining the team. Barring a trade hes not the best option. Theodore is very interesting. Judging by last years pace he's likely a 40 plus point guy. But he's still unsigned and apparently " not even close" to a new deal. Although I have a hard time seeing him not being signed before season starts with schmidt being out 20 games.

Your league doesnt count hits or blocked shots so it's really close between Theodore and heiskanen. Heiskanen appears to be a lock for 2nd unit power play, and he has the pedigree. You may take a bit of a hit this season, but heiskanen should start paying real dividends as early as next year

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ryan Ellis posted 32 points in 44 games last year. You can spin the Subban/Josi thing as much as you want but he was averaging over 23 minutes a night... He was shooting the puck a lot more, and his shooting % was on par for his career. Ellis will outpoint everyone on your list by a minimum of 10.

Take my hand, take a step back from the ledge, and lets grab a beer while you cruise to a championship.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Your team the 'Death Admirals' is soooooo darn stacked that it really doesn't matter who you draft to be completely honest!! But Dahlin/Svechnikov and Heiskanen would be pretty sweet. Ellis is quite the player aswell!! Definitely draft Heiskanen or Ellis over Faulk or Giordano..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ellis uber alles
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

If you are win now, I'd definitely go with Ellis.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Who isn't in a 'win now' mentality? haha Take Ellis
    10 Teams
    Keeper max 18 of 23 + 5 minors
    NHL Cap Hit
    G, A, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, FOW, Takeaways
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Trocheck, Fantilli, Staal, Glendening, Mittlestadt, Bjugstad

W
    B. Tkachuk, Pastrnak,
    Perfetti, Giroux, Byfield, Reinhart, Svechnikov, Quinn

D
    Lauzon, Schenn, Englund, Hakanpaa, Korchinski

G
    Sorokin, Ersson

Minors
    Wallstedt, Wolf, Jiricek

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Glad to see there's at least some debate lol. Draft is tonight at 7pm PST. I'll keep you posted. Ellis may go by 8.

Dobber Sports Pro

Heiskanen for me . He was pretty impressive last year playing against men. 2nd choice: Ellis.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ellis went at 5 so I took Heiskanen. Oh and Svech at 2. Thanks all!