Thread: Brady Skjei possible breakout?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Brady Skjei possible breakout?

I think Skjei is criminally underrated. Especially in leagues with HIT and BLK cats.

Now that McD is gone, and Shattenkirk healthy, Skjei will have a full preseason and season to play with Shat in the top D pairing.

I think he could seriously explode this year (relative to D-Men) and eventually I don't think 50 points is out of the question.

The Rangers will be pretty terrible this year true. So he will likely have a poor +/- relative to what hes capable of, but I think that will be true of most of this Ranger team. They really are so awful right now.

But seeing Skjei's ADP and just how I see him ranked by many sources and how he's on so many WW not only in redraft but even in Dynasty, I think he is being seriously overlooked.

This guy has gone under the radar since he's been drafted IMO and that doesn't seem to have changed. And at every level he's proved early on he belongs.

I don't know exactly where I would rank him vs all other D-Men, but I would draft him before a guy like McDonagh right now, ahead of guys like Marincin, Gardiner, Butcher, Theodore even. I don't know. I would draft him much higher than he's been going. And I think he still has room to grow. So there is a higher upside also than a lot of these other guys.

Anyway, I rarely see him talked about and think he should be in much more conversations when it comes to young D - Men.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

The Great One

Default Re: Brady Skjei possible breakout?

I think you make an excellent case to support your hypothesis, but I'm not buying it. The Rangers will struggle to score and Shatty will get the lion's share of PP minutes. I have Skjei penciled in for 35ish points.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Brady Skjei possible breakout?

I agree that it?s tough to see him really exploding when Shattenkirk likely gets most the PP time. D men who don?t get those top PP minutes just don?t hit big numbers points wise usually without lots of luck involved. Hell a 50 pt pace even for Shatty would be a great season considering the state of the Rangers.

That being said, 35 ish pts with his peripherals can very valuable in multi cat leagues and I?ve also noticed him ranked way too low on some sites.