Thread: I'm new here. Any suggestions for where/how to find fantasy hockey managers?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default I'm new here. Any suggestions for where/how to find fantasy hockey managers?

Hi all,

So, yesterday I registered for this forum and made a post asking if anyone would like to join my fantasy league (we currently have 6 out of 12 teams and the draft is in 9 days, so we're running out of time). Since nobody has responded or joined up. I'm wondering if anyone here can direct me to any other websites/forums/etc. where I could find people who would want to join a league.

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

Regards,

Ben

P.S. In case anyone is interested, here is the post I made yesterday, and it contains all the information on the fantasy hockey league and the invite link to join: https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...d-commissioner!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: I'm new here. Any suggestions for where/how to find fantasy hockey managers?

Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: I'm new here. Any suggestions for where/how to find fantasy hockey managers?

yahoo classifieds - can you post there?
    also agree with Reddit.
    you can also 'bump' your previous post to put it back on 1st page of latest posts here. best way to garner traffic. If you posted during a slow period, it could have been missed by the masses.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks very much! Looks like I'm about to do something I promised myself I would never do: call my ex-girlfr...I mean, join Reddit.

And hey, if you'd like to join our league, please feel free. Thanks for your help.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    yahoo classifieds - can you post there?
    also agree with Reddit.
    you can also 'bump' your previous post to put it back on 1st page of latest posts here. best way to garner traffic. If you posted during a slow period, it could have been missed by the masses.
    Thanks for the suggestions! I don't know what Yahoo classifieds is, but I guess I'm going to find out now. And if you're interested in joining yourself, please feel free.

I like this forum already. People are pretty darn friendly. Must be the hockey blood....

Administrator

If you want to attract members from this forum the best way is to become a contributor here first. There's dozens of leagues posted but if you're one of the few with an established rep around here it will make your league stand out more.

Welcome!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Just some general feedback on why you might not be getting much action here:

1) It appears you are running your pool on yahoo; most serious people only want to play on Fantrax;
    2) It's a 1 year roto pool; keeper & dynasty leagues are more popular, as is H2H (IMO).

There are also classified ads at hockey futures: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forum...-leagues.251/; although, again, I think you might have a hard time finding people on short notice for the type of pool you are running.

Good luck.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If you want to attract members from this forum the best way is to become a contributor here first. There's dozens of leagues posted but if you're one of the few with an established rep around here it will make your league stand out more.

Welcome!
    Ah, that's too bad! I don't think I can build up a great reputation in the nine days before my draft. Thanks for the advice!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Just some general feedback on why you might not be getting much action here:

1) It appears you are running your pool on yahoo; most serious people only want to play on Fantrax;
    2) It's a 1 year roto pool; keeper & dynasty leagues are more popular, as is H2H (IMO).

There are also classified ads at hockey futures: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forum...-leagues.251/; although, again, I think you might have a hard time finding people on short notice for the type of pool you are running.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the feedback. I had never even heard of Fantrax. I'll definitely look into it for next season, and I'll give hfboards a try.

Everybody on this site is extremely helpful. It's like a magical place where people are trying to assist one another, rather than arguing and being jerks.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Amusingly, I had my thread on HFBoards taken down immediately and received a message from a moderator informing me that recruiting for cash leagues is considered spam. What a silly rule. It's not like anyone is making money from the entry fees...

Oh well :P