Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hague the second coming of Dougie Hamilton?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Hague the second coming of Dougie Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdot588 View Post
    Secondary assists?? But all the guy does is score now! I almost hope they move him somewhere where we can be a PP option not too far down the road.
    Th knock on Hague has always been his skating - it's not that he couldn't quarterback a powerplay, it's that Vegas doesn't really need him to when they already have Theodore, Miller, and Brannstrom.

From what I understand, Hague does have a big shot, so he may have a future in absolutely pounding pucks on net from the blueline, but likely from PP2 rather than PP1 with everyone else Vegas has on D.

He has scored a ton of points at lower levels but so has pretty much everyone else in the NHL - I see him more as a "Better in real life than fantasy" guy.

Invaluable to his team, but not a fantasy darling.

Unfortunately, I think Vegas is VERY high on him, so they aren't likely to move him (or at least, they won't move him for cheap), but with Brannstrom and Theodore (and Miller, and kinda Schmidt) Hague isn't likely to see PP time early in his career.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The knock on Hague is >> he doesn't know how to Dougie!!

"Teach me how to Dougie"
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    However, if you're in a multi-cat league I think Hague is simply a must-own prospect. He projects to be Chara-like... 40-50 points, 100+ PIM, 200+ hits, 100+ blocks, though it'll take him 2-3 years to figure out how to play D in the NHL.
    Cool. I just drafted him in my dynasty league yesterday becuase I could use multicat monsters on D. I did the same with Meloche last year, but thinking about dropping him again.

Dobber Sports Novice

How does the Brannstrom trade affect Hague’s value ?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ringer View Post
    How does the Brannstrom trade affect Hague’s value ?
    Makes it easier for Hague to crack the NHL lineup at some point when Brannstrom isn't ahead of him on the depth chart anymore.

But they still have Theodore, Schmidt and Miller in Vegas, so Hague has to earn his opportunity. I would expect another season in the AHL. Maybe some injury call-ups next season, though.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post

But they still have Theodore, Schmidt and Miller in Vegas, so Hague has to earn his opportunity. I would expect another season in the AHL. Maybe some injury call-ups next season, though.
    Add in McNabb too who plays a game similar to what Hague offers. Vegas fans think Hague will be with the team next year but I agree with JP, another year with the Wolves.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Add in McNabb too who plays a game similar to what Hague offers. Vegas fans think Hague will be with the team next year but I agree with JP, another year with the Wolves.
    I don't see many similarities between the two. McNabb is pure defense, Hague is more about offense.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I don't see many similarities between the two. McNabb is pure defense, Hague is more about offense.
    I hope you're right since I own him on my dynasty team. Reason I made the comparison is because both defensemen are tall with some jam in their game. McNabb actually had better offensive stats in the AHL than Hague in his first season.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sage

Now that Miller is gone too I think people are going to need to keep an eye on young Mr. Hague.

I think a more apt comparison is Parayko. But Hague could see better deployment in the near future while Parayko is buried.

Dobber Sports Giant

There seem to be a bunch of guys competing for the last couple defense spots after Theodore, Schmidt, McNabb, and Holden. Guys like Jon Merrill, Jimmy Schuldt, Zach Whitecloud, and Hague are all jockeying for those spots and Hague is the youngest of the bunch at 20 years old (turns 21 in December). If I had to guess I would say Schuldt and Whitecloud are the favorites, the latter of whom is RHD which could give him a slight edge for handedness.

I would expect the Knights to just play it safe and give Hague another year in the AHL to play big minutes and develop at a steady pace. He put up 32 points (13 goals!) in 75 games as a 20-year old AHL rookie D, along with a +31 rating and another 11 points in 22 playoff games. 43 points in 97 total AHL games (.45 ppg) as a young rookie Dman in the AHL is very good production. He definitely looks like a player with considerable multi-cat upside to me.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Now that Miller is gone too I think people are going to need to keep an eye on young Mr. Hague.

I think a more apt comparison is Parayko. But Hague could see better deployment in the near future while Parayko is buried.
    Are we really at a point where we're saying Nic Hague has a better path to minutes than the current best player on the Blues blueline? That is quite the take.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Are we really at a point where we're saying Nic Hague has a better path to minutes than the current best player on the Blues blueline? That is quite the take.
    Pietrangelo is better than Parayko, but you make a good point. Hague has at least 3-4 LH options ahead of him on the depth chart: Theodore, McNabb, and Merrill. Nate Schmidt is also LH, but has played the right side. Plus you've gotta consider all the other guys he's competing with just to make the roster at this point. Hague's development looks impressive, but I gotta admit he doesn't really have a clear path to good minutes.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Until Alex Pietrangelo is traded from the Blues to Vegas I would say yes Parayko is buried more than Hague. Then there is also Dunn. Other than Theodore, there isnt a lot of offensive talent in the Vegas blueline. And Theodore is just a volume shooter he doesnt have the kind of cannon Hague is sporting.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Unless Theodore is traded, Hague's best case scenario deployment is what Parayko is already receiving lol.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I for one am very bias as I’m an owner and big fan of Hague. I caught one live viewing of him last season and he was impressive. He also looked like a Giraffe on skates. He still has some filling out to do imo which isn’t a bad thing. The potential is all there and his pathway has gotten clearer but there’s a lot of unsung D prospects in the Vegas pipeline. Whitecloud really stood out. I wouldn’t be shocked if Hague cracked camp with the Knights but it wouldn’t shock me if whitecloud, Schuldt, Bischoff etc did the cracking.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey