Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Domi sucker punches Ekblad.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Domi sucker punches Ekblad.

yeah, really. How hard is it to not punch someone in the face? I realize in hockey that's apparently too hard, so they allow fighting as long as it adheres to a "code". Now we're not even adhering to that? Ekblad does not fight. He has 4 fights in his whole career, which is as many concussions as he has already had in the NHL as well. And he's only 22. Stuff like this is potentially life-altering, and is completely unnecessary. *It's a preseason game*. A guy like Domi has nothing to prove at this point, he's an NHLer and he doesnt have to worry about his job or anything, what is he doing, punching a dude that wants nothing to do with it? It is unacceptable. This is not the 1950s where you can punch refs and get a trophy named after you. Things have changed even since the 80s and 90s, you can't do stuff liek this anymore
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Yeah, I don't think so. I think he would be either apologetic (for basically teaching him that) or proud.
    Tie was the undisputed king of cheap shots, and this is coming from a Leafs fan.
    He was also, pound for pound, probably the best fighter in the NHL and someone like Ekblad, back then, would know better than to antagonize him.
    Tie Domi made his career as a brick layer so his son could make his career as a surgeon. Dad isn't happy watching his son bust up his surgeon hands laying brick.

We all know Max can handle himself. If Ekblad challenged him or dropped the mitts, Max should defend his turf. But Max isn't Tie, and Ekblad didn't drop his mitts.

Also, this is 2018 and not 2000. I'm sure Tie doesn't want to see his son become the next Avery, Cooke or fill-in-the-blank idiot who resorts to buffoonery because he can't get by on his skill. Max has the skills and should know better.

There's no way Tie was happy.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Monster

Good for Ekblad. Meaningless preseason game. No need to fight and maybe injure a hand / wrist, etc. and really mess up the beginning part of the season potentially. Be the bigger person and skate away. Good on you Ekblad.

Domi, well - basically a douche. Immature response from a immature player at this point. The Panthers will exact retribution at some point when it means something, even though I don't personally feel they should address it at all next game. Just let it go. Don't stoop to that knucklehead level. Domi's dad was the same way.

What an idiot we have skating around in a Habs sweater. Sheesh.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Daddy Tie didn't look too impressed with the altercation..

I wonder what happened between these guys in the OHL when the Barrie Colts and London Knights played each other??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

My old self would have said Ekblad should have been better prepared, but times change. I didn't like what I saw. The way Ekblad went down, my first thought was oh no, that's another concussion. Gone are the days when punching an unwilling combatant in the face is okay. Now, if Ekblad was hacking and whacking Habs players all night, sure, maybe he had the punch coming, but it still doesn't make it right.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

I was trying to find the clip of Tie crying in an interview after giving Neidermeyer the flying elbow, can’t find it though. I remember him saying something along the line of being ashamed that his son saw him doing something that dirty and vicious and didn’t want his son to think cheapshots were acceptable.

Tie also played in an era where Lindros was considered a little baby for not playing with a “headache” so I’d imagine Tie has learned enough since then to change his perspective that much more these days.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Tie Domi made his career as a brick layer so his son could make his career as a surgeon. Dad isn't happy watching his son bust up his surgeon hands laying brick.

We all know Max can handle himself. If Ekblad challenged him or dropped the mitts, Max should defend his turf. But Max isn't Tie, and Ekblad didn't drop his mitts.

Also, this is 2018 and not 2000. I'm sure Tie doesn't want to see his son become the next Avery, Cooke or fill-in-the-blank idiot who resorts to buffoonery because he can't get by on his skill. Max has the skills and should know better.

There's no way Tie was happy.
    Good analogy. I’ve seen more than a few interviews where Tie was proud that his son is actually a skilled player and wouldn’t have to resort to being a meathead to make it.

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    This dude makes it really easy not to like him.
    Honestly, not liking him was in his genes when he was born.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Not only did he get suspended for the rest of the pre-season, but he's going to miss all of the playoffs too
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Not only did he get suspended for the rest of the pre-season, but he's going to miss all of the playoffs too
    lol, I see what you did there, he is used to that though

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm

Dobber Sports Icon

Not the worst sucker punch you'll see, but that was pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Oh *snap*!
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Honestly, not liking him was in his genes when he was born.
    HaHaHa.. This made me laugh
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    This doesn?t make any sense.
    It?s a fairly simple concept that requires only basic comprehension skills. If you don?t understand then uh. Yea.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I love it how people justify bad things by saying "Well, this isn't the first time this has happened, so stop crying about it." That's like the worst argument ever. Yes, we know bad and stupid things have been done in the past as well. It's too late to do anything about them. We can only fix the things that are happening right now.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It?s a fairly simple concept that requires only basic comprehension skills. If you don?t understand then uh. Yea.
    So that’s a no then on having actually played the game at all....
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch