Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Domi sucker punches Ekblad.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Domi sucker punches Ekblad.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    So that’s a no then on having actually played the game at all....
    Playing or playing it well?

I play hockey, well!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Domi acted stupidly in the heat of the moment.
    He was punished for it, as he should have.
    He was contrite in his comments to the media today, recognizing he was wrong and saying he hopes Ekblad is ok.
    Case closed.

Dobber Sports Genius

I've wanted to weigh in for a couple of days but just now have a keyboard in front of me.

First off, you can't drop your one glove and punch a guy in the face when he is obviously not engaged with you. You just can't. Full stop. Domi is in the wrong. Suspendable. No question.

I said earlier in this thread that Domi likely bought himself some space on the ice and this could be a good career move. I believe that. His first game in the Eastern Conference and he pops a monster defenceman, known for being brutal infront of the net, right in the nose. Popped him good. The media blowing it up only adds to the 'mystic' of of all. I have only seen the highlights and read what you guys have read. Ekblad (supposedly) was laying the lumber all night, Domi asked if he wanted to dance, Ekblad looked at the refs with his arms to the side like he didn't know what Domi wanted, then Domi drilled him. Hard.

The two were both drafted in the 1st round only a year apart and played against each other for 3 years in the OHL, including a 7 games series in 2013 for the OHL championship. It is not like these two guys are strangers. I would hazard a guess that they have been battling against each other for years.

Moving forward, how many young D (or forwards and goalies for that matter) are going to know that they may have to deal with Domi if they push him past the edge. I'm not a pro hockey player, but I certainly don't want to fight Max Domi, not if I don't have to. Guys like this get a bit more room on the ice, no?

How many people who didn't know the name Max Domi now know his name? If you believe in "there is no such thing as bad publicity", Domi becomes a more household NHL name than with his days toiling in Arizona. If you belive in "hit the biggest guy on the first day and you'll be just fine", Domi just did that.

- I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I've wanted to weigh in for a couple of days but just now have a keyboard in front of me.

First off, you can't drop your one glove and punch a guy in the face when he is obviously not engaged with you. You just can't. Full stop. Domi is in the wrong. Suspendable. No question.

I said earlier in this thread that Domi likely bought himself some space on the ice and this could be a good career move. I believe that. His first game in the Eastern Conference and he pops a monster defenceman, known for being brutal infront of the net, right in the nose. Popped him good. The media blowing it up only adds to the 'mystic' of of all. I have only seen the highlights and read what you guys have read. Ekblad (supposedly) was laying the lumber all night, Domi asked if he wanted to dance, Ekblad looked at the refs with his arms to the side like he didn't know what Domi wanted, then Domi drilled him. Hard.

The two were both drafted in the 1st round only a year apart and played against each other for 3 years in the OHL, including a 7 games series in 2013 for the OHL championship. It is not like these two guys are strangers. I would hazard a guess that they have been battling against each other for years.

Moving forward, how many young D (or forwards and goalies for that matter) are going to know that they may have to deal with Domi if they push him past the edge. I'm not a pro hockey player, but I certainly don't want to fight Max Domi, not if I don't have to. Guys like this get a bit more room on the ice, no?

How many people who didn't know the name Max Domi now know his name? If you believe in "there is no such thing as bad publicity", Domi becomes a more household NHL name than with his days toiling in Arizona. If you belive in "hit the biggest guy on the first day and you'll be just fine", Domi just did that.

NHL players are not scared of him. They know they can push him over the edge, so they'll exploit that. Domi will see more hacking now because opposing teams are hoping he loses it and takes a stupid penalty (2 or 5 minutes). NHL players care about winning, so whenever they see something that can help them with that, they'll take advantage of it. Domi won't have more space, he'll have less of it. Much less. Everyone will be testing him to see if he snaps again.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    NHL players are not scared of him. They know they can push him over the edge, so they'll exploit that. Domi will see more hacking now because opposing teams are hoping he loses it and takes a stupid penalty (2 or 5 minutes). NHL players care about winning, so whenever they see something that can help them with that, they'll take advantage of it. Domi won't have more space, he'll have less of it. Much less. Everyone will be testing him to see if he snaps again.
    Oh my God, I just realized that I am the Max Domi of my office!!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Agreed. Those players who push him in the future won't be standing there with their guard down either.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Jedi

less of a suspension if he licked him instead
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

I agree. Players don't seem to get intimidated these days. Those tactics actually work against those types of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Ha ha.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    So that’s a no then on having actually played the game at all....
    So about making yourself look stupid making generalizations from some words. You ah...nailed that prediction.

Domi is such an idiot. “I didn’t intend to hurt him” by punching him in the face. Absolutely embarrassing that reporters wouldn’t follow up and take him to task on that statement. It’s literally the only intention of that action.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    less of a suspension if he licked him instead
    HaHaHa.. Licking is definitely acceptable!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Make sure you aren't the Tie Domi. That's a trip to HR before getting walked out, and maybe to jail.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Marchand did the same thing to Eller last night really, but Eller stayed up.

This is the leagues big test on suspensions this yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Marchand did the same thing to Eller last night really, but Eller stayed up.

This is the leagues big test on suspensions this yr.
    Yikes. This could be bad. Oh well. It might give him a good reason for the drop in points he is going to have this season.