Thread: Keller/Provo for Laine/Werenski

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keller/Provo for Laine/Werenski

Been on here a few times about an owner that is after my provo and he tabled this offer. I?m a huge fan of Keller but Laine is a true superstar. Is the difference between Provo and Werenski a deal breaker? Thanks for all opinions.
    14 teams Full Dyansty.Points-G/A3.5,Plus/Minus(1/-1),PIM .5,PPP 2, Blocks .5,GWG 3,Hits .25. Goalies- Wins 3, Saves .15, SHO 6. 20 Roster: 3C,3RW,3 LW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2Goalie starts C: Stutzle,Aho,Petterson. RW:Guentzel, Marner, Boldy, Hagel, Jarvis. LW:Laine, Draisaitl,Kaprizov, Huberdeau. D:Hedman,Dahlin,Heiskanen, Boqvist. G:Vas,Helly, Sorokin. Prospects​: Denisenko,Raty,Morrow,Lambert, Askerov, Wallsteadt.

Default Re: Keller/Provo for Laine/Werenski

Anyone?

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think it's pretty lateral.

I like Keller slightly over Laine given that your league doesn't give a bonus to goals. Provorov and Werenski are pretty even. I think I like Provorov a little better overall, but he has more offensive options in his way in Philly.

Ultimately this one comes down to personal preference I think. I personally would take Keller/Provorov here, but Laine does seem to have more perceived value, so you could maybe flip him after for an even greater return.

If it were me, if he's after a guy I own who I also like, I would want to make sure it's a clear win for me, so I would tweak this. Sub out Keller for someone you are less bullish on and see what he has to say.

Dobber Sports Giant

Definitely Laine/Werenski side. Your league scores +/-, PPP, Hits, GWG etc. which should all provide a major scoring advantage for Laine. I don't think the difference between Provorov and Werenski is that large, considering the former is much better on the PPP side and the latter is a better multi-cat contributor. The Dmen should end up pretty close, whereas Laine > Keller by a decent margin in your format.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Thank you

The Magnificent One

Not a deal I'd do. Laine is goal heavy and might not be on the top line for a while, plus lost Stastny who helped him to 17 goals in his final 23 games. And I think Werenski will take a definite back seat to Jones, who's quite simply a phenom. I'd stand pat if I was you.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's close. I wouldn't do it, unless you could flip Laine for an even better return.

I think Provorov > Werenski and Keller = Laine, with the latter being a bit uncertain. Laine wins on name value, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

No for me . You could regret this trade pretty soon
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Stud

I’d prefer the Keller side.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft