Thread: Risto vs. Barrie

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Risto vs. Barrie

Long story short I have Risto slotted to keep but with Dahlin's arrival do you think it will hamper Risto. This is multi-cat so his hits and blocks have value but will he still usurp 40 points or should I go with the slightly older more offensive Barrie. This would be third defender to Hedman and Josi.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Risto vs. Barrie

Could you possibly trade Barrie + Ristolainen for some kind of upgrade? Barrie is clearly the better offensive producer, but his peripherals are junk. He's not really that great with your settings, and I think Ristolainen is probably a better option for the next couple seasons.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports All-Star

With your setting I prefer Risto. Some think Risto will become a 30-35 point guy with Dahlin taking his PP time, but I am not in that camp. Next few years I think Risto still puts up around 45 points, and with his monster peripherals is a better own than Barrie. Hell, even with 37 points Risto likely has more value than a 50 point Barrie.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Superstar

unfortunately a trade will not happen so i am thinking Risto because of the hits, blocks and age. Also am I insane to drop Simmonds, feel there are too many mouths to feed in Philly now and idk how his body will hold up.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

Trocheck,Kempe

Dobber Sports Pro

For your league , I prefer Ristolainen
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Jedi

yes, insane to drop Simmonds. I would think you would be able to trade either Risto or Barrie for Letang. He's a solid mix of both players - high end offence, with strong periphs. Most letang owners are begging to dump him due to injury concerns. When healthy, he's a top 5 fantasy D.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    yes, insane to drop Simmonds. I would think you would be able to trade either Risto or Barrie for Letang. He's a solid mix of both players - high end offence, with strong periphs. Most letang owners are begging to dump him due to injury concerns. When healthy, he's a top 5 fantasy D.

I agree with your sentiments, just near impossible to make deals, I've only ever made one deal with the league manager and that's because him and I are in contact often during the season with me managing our other league. Simmonds body was walloped last season, now he is 30, and JVR just cannot help his status with the team. Can I really risk keeping this guy and see him playing third line minutes just to only hope he retains his net front spot on primary power play which JVR can easily take. Lots of mouths to feed in Philly these days also. It is just tough, I acquired Draisaitl last season so I have to keep, Boeser showed me enough to make me believe he is an elite goal scorer already which I will need, and those 3 defenders just hit the cats in a nice well rounded fashion that without a trade option I cannot dump ya know. The two goalies give me sturdy netminding corps allowing me to address other areas in draft, I am basically banking on redrafting Simmonds.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars

Trocheck,Kempe

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    unfortunately a trade will not happen so i am thinking Risto because of the hits, blocks and age. Also am I insane to drop Simmonds, feel there are too many mouths to feed in Philly now and idk how his body will hold up.
    Simmonds' body held up to play basically a whole season (I know 75 of 82 isn't all the games) with multiple things simultaneously that should've had him on IR alone, and maybe done for the year. It's nuts to drop Simmonds in your format, Barrie is eminently more replaceable.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Giant

I might consider dropping Backstrom to keep Simmonds. Backstrom is basically only helping you in Assists, PPP and he's a drag on some other categories like SOG. I would go with:

Draisaitl, Boeser, Simmonds, Hedman, Josi, Risto, Murray, Jones.

You will be able to add Center much later in the draft than elite wingers, and you'll have a major head start being able to stack wingers in your early redraft rounds.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I might consider dropping Backstrom to keep Simmonds. Backstrom is basically only helping you in Assists, PPP and he's a drag on some other categories like SOG. I would go with:

Draisaitl, Boeser, Simmonds, Hedman, Josi, Risto, Murray, Jones.

You will be able to add Center much later in the draft than elite wingers, and you'll have a major head start being able to stack wingers in your early redraft rounds.
    it's been on my mind a lot but in your opinion is Simmonds going to provide the category coverage to make up for dropping a sure thing 70 point asset in Backstrom? He's about as consistent as they come and his late season surge was reminiscent of the 86 point campaign. Believe me I do not want to drop Simmonds but with my luck he will end up on the third line at even strength and second power play only for me to watch Backstrom go apes*it.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars

Trocheck,Kempe