Thread: What categories do you value most?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default What categories do you value most?

What categories to target in early round players.

I?m torn between Wheeler and P.Kane for a 3 year keeper league. My only other keeper is Malkin.
    I compiled stats from both players from the last 3 seasons to see who had more points per category.

More points for: Kane (Goals 32 , PPP 4 , SOG 103)

Wheeler (A 4 , +/- 19 , FOW 194, HIT 236, BLK 123)

So which categories does one target for an early pick? Peripheral players are important but Kane tops Wheeler up front with G and shots. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: What categories do you value most?

Wheeler.

More overall categories, especially if you are in a H2H. Hard to find multi-cat studs. Easier to find a guy that produces points with SOG as cats vs a guy that produces points, has HITS, BLKS, and PIMs etc)
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

The Great One

Default Re: What categories do you value most?

Wheeler can give you what Kane does, plus more. I'd have a hard time picturing a league set up where I'd take Kane over Wheeler, even points only.

As to what categories I value, PPPts is huge since it's one where you get the PPPt plus a goal or an assist, so it's really two contributions in one. Truly proven PP scorers are great to target.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/