8 Goldmembers 54
    9 The Mighty Roos 48.5
    10 Hanover Fist 35
    10 McLovin 35
    12 Golden Bears 31

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: 2018/19 Dobber Entry - Norris League

somehow making my move...ChewBarkov
    12 Team H2H keeper league. Start 4-C, 4-LW, 4-RW, 6-D and 1-G. Scoring: Skaters, G-3pts, A-3pts, Blks-.4,
    Hits-.2, P/M-.25, Hatty-10, PPG-3, PPA-2, SHG-3, SHA-2, SOG-.2, Goalie, GA-(0-3) -1pts, (4-10) -3pts ea.
    Losses-5, Wins-5, SO-15, Saves-.2

C - Dvorak, Hischier, Kuznetsov, Couture, Copp
    F - Konecny, Hoffman, Ritchie, Verhaeghe, Buchnevich, Mantha, Pasternak,
    Bertuzzi, Duchene, Kubalik, Palat, Bjorkstrand, Meier, Palmieri,
    D - Carlson, Makar, Muzzin, Pesce, Pionk, Trouba,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Mrazek, Nedeljkovic
    M - Lundkvist, Perunovich

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What is with the waiver system? Shouldn't a tie go either to the lower ranked team, or some form of rolling list based on who picked the previous week? Its hard enough scrapping your team off the bottom four, but also losing a waiver tie breaker to the 4th place team is a bit ridiculous (as 12th, I lost to #2 a couple of weeks ago too... very frustrating). Suggestion for a change perhaps?

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Polecon View Post
    What is with the waiver system? Shouldn't a tie go either to the lower ranked team, or some form of rolling list based on who picked the previous week? Its hard enough scrapping your team off the bottom four, but also losing a waiver tie breaker to the 4th place team is a bit ridiculous (as 12th, I lost to #2 a couple of weeks ago too... very frustrating). Suggestion for a change perhaps?
    Unfortunately, I'm not aware of an alternate tiebreaker option available when using FAAB. The two go hand-in-hand when customising the settings.

My suggestion is keeping your waiver priority in mind and perhaps increasing your bid if you think multiple managers are going to try claiming the same player(s). It's not easy to predict, I know (I've been there) and I appreciate the frustration, but it's something that may help you in the future. Of course, that's the challenge when we all have a limit on how much we can spend on bids.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If it’s structurally not possible, its too bad as it can really add an extra leg up to the leading teams. My post was just a need to vent as this year’s been particularly unlucky all around for my poor squad. Believe it or not I have lost tie breakers on bids between 2 and 7$ already this season. Oh well.. still within striking range to save my place in the pool.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Polecon View Post
    If it’s structurally not possible, its too bad as it can really add an extra leg up to the leading teams. My post was just a need to vent as this year’s been particularly unlucky all around for my poor squad. Believe it or not I have lost tie breakers on bids between 2 and 7$ already this season. Oh well.. still within striking range to save my place in the pool.
    Yeah, as we all know, sometimes we're limited on what is available by the provider and have to manage the best we can.

I feel your frustration, especially given your higher bids that still were negatively affected by the tiebreaker.

Good luck.

The Wolverine

Rank Team Points
    1 Russell's Primo Team 82
    2 ChewBarkov 80
    3 Gally-Leo 76
    4 Fighting Saints 75
    5 Firing Squad 71.5
    6 DirtySniper 68
    7 Goldmembers 63.5
    8 Ken's Team 55
    9 The Mighty Roos 45.5
    10 Golden Bears 32.5
    11 McLovin 31
    12 Hanover Fist 22

Dobber Sports Pro

Sitting 3rd right now, pretty content about it. I've been moving around 2nd through 5th for a good couple of months now. Had a bit of a lull during Christmas time (simply too busy to make transactions and set my goalies every day) but overall, I think I'm feeling good about this.

Ran the numbers to try to simulate what the end of year rankings would look like to account for the disparity in games played so far and that has me believing I have a shot at 1st place. Russell has almost already used all his goalie starts and he hasn't racked up that many wins so I feel he'll lose points there. Plus, Barkov has played a ton of skaters games so I also feel I can make up points there.

I think it's going to be a close ending and I feel like anyone in the top 6 now has a chance to make a strong run to the top until the end of the year.

I also hope Mighty Roos finds a way out of a relegation spot. I feel he's been the hardest working so far but hasn't had the right results!

Dobber Sports Pro

Thought I'd go back to my draft and see how I did so far. It's been a while since I've had a vacation week without my wife and I have WAY too much time on my hands!

1-2: Ovechkin. He's been a beast as usual. Don't regret this pick at all even if he's costing me a game by skipping the ASG!
    2-23: Andersen. Glad to have one of the top goalies, happy I didn't whiff on that!
    3-26: Eichel. Said I thought he'd give me a PPG-pace and that's what he's doing so I'm happy!
    4-47: S. Jones. He's been fine I guess but I think I was hoping for a little more.
    5-50: Price. I said I thought the Habs expectations were too low and he's rewarding me for it after a slow start. My goalies have been very strong of late.
    6-71: B. Schenn. The peripherals are there but the production is not. Not worthy of a 6th-round pick thus far.
    7-74: Aho. My best value pick so far. He's ranked 18th this season and I selected him 74th.
    8-95: Ekman-Larsson. He's been just OK. His +/- hurts but I need his PPP. I hope he's not injured long term.
    9-98: Ristolainen. He's doing just what I thought he would. Very strong peripherals and good offense. Terrible +/-.
    10-119: Point. Wow! Actually he's my best value pick. He's ranked 10th so far this season.
    11-122: Gallagher. I said I believed he was a top-50 player in this format, he's ranked 51st so far this year. I was expecting more offense but the peripherals are strong!
    12-143: Meier. Loved this pick and loved the production early on. I traded him for DeBrincat and Ellis just as he was starting to slow down so very happy about that. He's heating up again though so I feel like that was a good trade for both sides.
    13-146: Reinhart. Another strong pick. His peripherals are still a little weak but his production has been great. I thought maybe 50-55 pts. He already has 44.
    14-167: Toffoli. Worst pick thus far. Just dropped him after there was simply no more space for him on my roster.
    15-170: Montour. I was debating between him and Klefbom at the draft so good decision I guess. He's not been great but at least he's been playing.
    16-191: Saad. Dropped him after his horrible start but he's been much better since. So two bad moves here.
    17-194: Edler. Very valuable at this stage of the draft and he's been strong in the format so happy about it.
    18-215: Kase. Man, what could have been! When in the lineup, his production was great. Too bad!
    19-218: D. Keith. He was supposed to be my 6th D but he dropped to 8th after I acquired Ellis and Heiskanen. I'm actually looking to trade him now.
    20-239: Stepan. He was too 'meh' for too long so I dropped him.
    21-242: J. Anderson. I was not sure about Anderson at the draft but I'm glad I followed my rankings. He's been a beast with the peripherals and he even has 15 goals!
    22-263: Puljujarvi. Sadly, this was not the year of his breakout.
    23-267: Lekhonen. Looked good early but man, he can't finish around the net!
    24-288: Jost. Thought he'd be a much bigger part of the Avs offense this year.
    25-291: Necas. Thought he'd crack the lineup and make an impact this year. Don't mind it, he had high upside.

Overall, I did a pretty good job, especially in the early and middle rounds which is why I'm sitting 3rd in the standings. If I had hit on more of my late picks, maybe I'd be in the lead!

The Wolverine

Trade:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson Ari - D
    Traded to Russell's Primo Team

Mark Stone Ott - RW
    Traded to Gally-Leo

The Wolverine

Trade:

Mats Zuccarello NYR - RW
    Sam Reinhart Buf - C,RW

Traded to Firing Squad

Dylan Larkin Det - C
    Traded to Gally-Leo

Dobber Sports Pro

Trying to make a push for 1st place with those two trades. Giving up peripherals for offense. Overall getting Larkin and Stone for Reinhart, Zucc and OEL sounds fine to me.

Sucks that Larkin gets injured right as that trade happens but since it's only 10-14 days, I'm OK with it. Stashed him on IR+ to get on the Mikael Backlund train.

The Wolverine

Trade:

John Tavares Tor - C
    Traded to The Mighty Roos

Victor Hedman TB - D
    Traded to DirtySniper