Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Dobber Entry - Norris League

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: 2018/19 Dobber Entry - Norris League

I'm DirtySniper, fun draft, hope the season goes well for me, just not hoping to finish in last

Dobber Sports Novice

updated my trade block

Dobber Sports Pro

My own draft recap. I came in wanting to get a top-end goalie and at least one elite defenseman. Plus, my strategy was to focus on players with high shots and hits totals while taking chances on younger players with high upside in the final rounds. I also paid no attention to +/-. Feel like I did OK even if my top D is already out with an injury.

1-2: Ovechkin. There was no debate for me here. Unless McDavid fell to me, Ovie is a beast in this format.
    2-23: Andersen. Should have great wins and saves totals. To me, the top option in net after Vas and Helly.
    3-26: Eichel. Looking at the other leagues drafts, it seems I reached a little for Eichel. Maybe I could've gotten him a round later. Still, he's a high volume shooter who should give me a PPG.
    4-47: S. Jones. I'm higher on him than most I believe but I felt like this was the right time to draft him. If not for the early injury, I think he would finish top 5 in D scoring.
    5-50: Price. Again, maybe a little early. I'm a Habs fan and I feel like this team never lives up to expectations, no matter good or bad and since we all think they'll be bad this year, maybe they won't! Either way, Price should get a lot of starts and a lot of saves.
    6-71: B. Schenn. All-around C who'll get me great PP numbers as well as shots and hits.
    7-74: Aho. He was listed as my 3rd C but he's actually going to be my first LW. He was on a tear late last year and had a great WC. First line, first PP in Carolina.
    8-95: Ekman-Larsson. One of the final top D left on my board, plus he shoots and hits a lot. I believe last year was a very down year and he'll rebound nicely.
    9-98: Ristolainen. I must be one of the less enthousiast about Dahlin. I think he'll be a star, just not this season. Ristolainen is the anchor of what should be a strong PP, he hits a ton and I don't give a damn about +/-.
    10-119: Point. I couldn't believe he was still there while his teammates Miller and Gourde were gone. I get he has no W eligibility but he's on the top PP and can actually drive his own offense. Felt like a steal to me.
    11-122: Gallagher. I've seen him drafted as low as 180th but I couldn't take that chance. I believe he's a top-50 player in this format if he reaches 60 points. I believe this is the year he finally gets 18+ minutes per game and proves he's actually the best forward in Montreal.
    12-143: Meier. At this point, I'm looking for wingers. Meier is a lock on the 2nd line alongside Couture and the addition of Karlsson should only mean better numbers for him. He wasn't sniffing PP1 anyway so he should post career bests across the board. Plus, he's a great hitter.
    13-146: Reinhart. I have him for over 60 points. Though after I made the pick, I realized I might be a little too much aboard the Sabres bandwagon.
    14-167: Toffoli. Happy with a 25-25 guy who can chip in a lot of shots with (hopefully) a solid +/-. If he can get on PP1, it's a bonus.
    15-170: Montour. I was debating between him and Klefbom and I decided I would take the risk and wait for Klefbom on my next pick. Montour is the best D in Anaheim and maybe the coach realizes it and gives him the better minutes over Fowler.
    16-191: Saad. Klefbom was taken a few picks before so I fall back on Saad, who's been hyped by one of the Daily Ramblers (I think it's Ian...). He's got a cushy top-6 job with PP1 time. He's a big shooter. He should rebound this year.
    17-194: Edler. He's crazy underrated and since I missed on Klefbom, I'm happy to scoop him up. Obviously, a lower upside, but also a much higher floor.
    18-215: Kase. This might be my steal pick since Corey Perry was announced injured for 5 months a few hours later. Kase could get first line and PP1 ice-time which would make me really really happy about this pick.
    19-218: D. Keith. It's crazy how much a bad year can hurt you. He shot barely 1% last year. He's still the uncontested #1D on the team. I'm very happy to have him as my 6th D.
    20-239: Stepan. He went on my bench but he's actually my 4th C. I believe Galchenyuk will be the top C in Arizona but Stepan is reliable for 50 points and I was lacking in the assists department so I picked him up.
    21-242: J. Anderson. Not sure about this pick but anyway he's a bench player so I'm going for high-reward. I believe he could be huge as he shoots and hits a lot but I just don't see where he fits in the Jackets lineup. If he manages to grab a top-6 spot, I'll be very happy.
    22-263: Puljujarvi. Top RW in Edmonton in my mind. I don't believe Ty Rattie will be as good as he is so far for a long period. Glad to hold onto Puljujarvi until he gets his top-6 spot.
    23-267: Lekhonen. He was crazy snake-bitten last year. He's looked good in preseason and he'll play a lot of minutes since the coach loves him. I'm thinking 20-20 with 200 shots.
    24-288: Jost. Apparently, I stole that pick from Fighting Saints, sorry pal! I believe he'll be a big part of that Colorado offense.
    25-291: Necas. Top-6 in Carolina, could be a Calder candidate. Happy to have him this late, high-upside.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    24-288: Jost. Apparently, I stole that pick from Fighting Saints, sorry pal! I believe he'll be a big part of that Colorado offense.
    D'oh! Had forgotten this. Thanks for bringing it up!

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Novice

I'm liking my team so far but early

C Tavares Scheifele Duchene Petterson Turris Krejci
    LW Keller Parise Zadina Baertschi Marchand
    RW Granlund Zuccarello Dadonov Svechnikov R. Smith
    D Dahlin Sergachev Gustafsson Reilly Byfuglien Barrie Del Zotto
    G Bishop Elliott

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Remember when we were making fun of "Ken" for not showing up at the draft. Ho ho those were some good times.

Now he is leading the pool.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Dobber Sports Pro

Had a couple great days to take the lead but it's still really bunched up at the top. I don't think anyone is going to get away with it early so keep on updating those lineups and make waiver claims, it's going to be a close race!

The Wolverine

Standings update:

Dobber Sports Pro

Russell is running away with it early. Great strategy to boost up on goalie starts. He's way ahead in GP but most years, most managers don't get to 162 GP with goalies so I don't think it hurts him that much later in the year.

My offense is killing me and I keep getting outbid on FAAB so I've got my work cut out for me.

The Wolverine

How's everyone else feeling about their teams / the season so far?

Dobber Sports Novice

I'm pissed about my goalie situation, and cant seem to do a trade to get one!

The Wolverine

Trade:

William Karlsson VGK - C,LW
    Jaroslav Halak Bos - G
    Traded to DirtySniper

Elias Pettersson Van - C
    Traded to Fighting Saints

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Trade:

William Karlsson VGK - C,LW
    Jaroslav Halak Bos - G
    Traded to DirtySniper

Elias Pettersson Van - C
    Traded to Fighting Saints
    Best deal I got for Petterson, good doing business with you Fighting Saints

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by H2O View Post
    Best deal I got for Petterson, good doing business with you Fighting Saints
    You too man.

Prospects include:
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Dobber Sports Novice

$15 For DeSmith he better takeover for Murray