Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Dobber Entry - Smythe League

Big Daddy

Default Re: 2018/19 Dobber Entry - Smythe League

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm finding Roto kind of dull but atleast I've got the gist of it enough to compete.
    I'd hate to say it but I agree. I find roto boring compared to H2H and Points leagues. I still check my team daily and will compete to the end however.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I'd hate to say it but I agree. I find roto boring compared to H2H and Points leagues. I still check my team daily and will compete to the end however.
    You guys who find it boring just aren't getting into it enough, and/or need more competition

If you want to win in ROTO, there's a little less luck involved than in H2H I find.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    You guys who find it boring just aren't getting into it enough, and/or need more competition

If you want to win in ROTO, there's a little less luck involved than in H2H I find.
    Definitely. I was listening to a fantasy baseball podcast one time and they said Roto are for the smart people and points are for
    Dumb people haha. It is difficult for sure. I’ve also never used FAAB or weekly adds before so I have to get used to that too. It’s been killing me because I’m used to the luxury of midweek adds. I’m determined to finish at least mid table. We’ll see how it goes.

Dobber Sports Titan

Definitely. I was listening to a fantasy baseball podcast one time and they said Roto are for the smart people and points are for
    Dumb people haha. It is difficult for sure. I’ve also never used FAAB or weekly adds before so I have to get used to that too. It’s been killing me because I’m used to the luxury of midweek adds. I’m determined to finish at least mid table. We’ll see how it goes.
    Definitely have to play the long game with it. Checking in on the standings table and comparing some GP numbers vs production is a must.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    How's everyone feeling about their teams / the season so far?
    Meh, i have mixed feelings about my team. Can't complain, since I'm up to 4th now. Injuries took a bit of a toll at the start, had to drop Stastny. Probably shouldn't have hung on to Wilson for his suspension, but might as well wait now. Hoping once he gets back (and Orpik and Edler off IR), that should help my lagging Hits.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I've never played on the Yahoo site before, but I like the "Start Active Players for week" feature. Helps to do it right away at the beginning of the week in case I don't have time to check in later on.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by kjazz View Post
    I've never played on the Yahoo site before, but I like the "Start Active Players for week" feature. Helps to do it right away at the beginning of the week in case I don't have time to check in later on.
    Be careful with your games played limits with using that though!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Be careful with your games played limits with using that though!
    Thanks! I hadn't considered that.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kjazz View Post
    Meh, i have mixed feelings about my team. Can't complain, since I'm up to 4th now. Injuries took a bit of a toll at the start, had to drop Stastny. Probably shouldn't have hung on to Wilson for his suspension, but might as well wait now. Hoping once he gets back (and Orpik and Edler off IR), that should help my lagging Hits.
    I'm in a head-to-head league where we start two goalies, 3 dmen and something like 8 forwards, but have just three bench spots. We also include PIMs and hits, so Wilson is a must own, but he's been taking up a valuable bench spot this entire time. It didn't help that I also own Borowiecki. So last week, two of my three bench spots were being used on suspended players.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Big Daddy

Last night I started Halak (8.60 GAA/14 saves) & Ullmark (7.57 GAA/27 saves) but benched Luongo (1.00 GAA/26 saves). I just can’t seem to get anything in this league right.

Big Daddy

Last night I started Halak (8.60 GAA/14 saves) & Ullmark (7.57 GAA/27 saves) but benched Luongo (1.00 GAA/26 saves). I just can’t seem to get anything in this league right.
    And it gets even worse. Started Korpisalo (3.69 GAA/15 saves) but benched Halak (1.00 GAA/40 saves/win) on Saturday and benched Halak again last night (1.00 GAA/37 saves/win).

Forgot to put in my weekly waivers claims last night too. Jeez.

I need a massive shake up. Send in any respectful trade offers. Everyone is available. Willing to do 2 for 1 trades whether I receive or give 2 players, doesn’t matter.

Dobber Sports Guru

And it gets even worse. Started Korpisalo (3.69 GAA/15 saves) but benched Halak (1.00 GAA/40 saves/win) on Saturday and benched Halak again last night (1.00 GAA/37 saves/win).
    I'm wondering why you benched Halak for back-to-back game. He's played one bad game so far, but he's been dynamite in every other game.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I'm wondering why you benched Halak for back-to-back game. He's played one bad game so far, but he's been dynamite in every other game.
    I benched him vs. Toronto and didn’t set my lineups in time for the Sunday games.

Big Daddy

I’m going to be sending out several trade offers tonight. My team is a disaster and the only chance I have to crawl out of the basement is to make some moves. If you don’t like the offer please don’t outright decline without a counter or at the very least some feedback in the decline message. Thanks guys.

Big Daddy

Made one trade already. Looking for a massive shake up. All my big guns are available: Barkov, Trochek, Couture, Tarasenko, Klingberg etc.

Send offers.