Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eeli Tolvanen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Eeli Tolvanen

What are your projections for Tolvanen?
    Is he really that good...or is he a player which was good at KHL but not at the NHL?
    Don?t know what to think about

The reason why i?m asking is because i have him on my roster,and thinking about to trade him,because maybe i can get a better return before he is doing nothing?

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Eeli Tolvanen

He's one of those guys who'll get 40 or less or 55 or more, unlikely anything in between. Personally I think Nashville is so deep and cup-ready that he won't be able to break through. That being said, he oozes talent so he might play well enough to force the issue.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Master

Though they have completely different roles, Watson suspension opens the door a crack for a roster spot. Sometimes all it takes is opportunity and I think Tolvanen can come through it. If he does, he can earn a spot and never give it up if he plays well. I predict he will. I predict something slightly over 40 pts.

Connor did the same thing to Perreault in WPG. There is an opportunity and he has to take it.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Padawan

If a top line talent like Forsberg can be somewhat limited by the Nashville system Tolvanen doesn't have much hope of reaching his potential any time soon. Very good player who's just buried on a good team, and has another up-and-comer in Fiala to compete with also.

I have him in my keeper league as a minors player and will probably stash him all season and see if he can steal a better spot in the lineup to maybe break out next year. My expectations are low this season.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Pro

Fiala is waiting for an opportunity to prove all his talent. So , Tolvanen will have to wait too. If there is no major injury in NAS, I put him at max 40 pts.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Master

I'm willing to bet that if given the chance, he can push Smith down the lineup to the third line.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If he is given opportunity this year - could be 50+.

Likely he plays his way in to the top 6 at some point, either though injuries or pure results but I?m not sure when in the season that will come up.

If he can get 40 pts this year ill be very happy. It?s the 3 year window I?m excited for. Hope he gets the opportunity.

He?s good enough.

Dobber Sports Novice

Great prospect, but like Fiala, will take time and opportunity in the current Nashville "system". If your looking for immediate rookie points, maybe try carolina and Van?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So everyone comparing Fiala to Tolanen think they are on the same level of talent? Cause if Tolvanen has more talent, he should move up quicker then what Fiala did, yes?

Dobber Sports Novice

Yes, but at the same time the opportunity might not be as readily available with a set top 6 (even top 9). He's no doubt more talented, he just might not get the same opportunities AS QUICK as highly talented rookies in a rebuild like Carolina or Buffalo. So it may take a few injuries up front for him to get more ice time etc.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Nashville's already deep and I'm a bit wary after seeing how slowly guys like Fiala have come along. I wouldn't expect more than 40-ish range.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

The kid has some serious potential. I think you should hold on tight and enjoy the goal scoring ride that will get going soon enough.
    8 team keeper league, scoring cats F/D: G, A, PPG, PPP, SHG, SHP, GWG, HT, SOG, Hit, Blk, FW/FL. G: GS, W, GA, SV, SHO

Pittsburgh Top Cats
    F: Malkin, Crosby, Eichel, McDavid, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Robertson, A. Svechnikov, Zibanejad, Kaprizov, Fiala, Keller, Thompson, Bedard, Cozens, Cooley
    D: Letang, Dobson, Hamilton, Makar, D. Toews, Sanderson, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Andersen, Kuemper

Farm:
    F: ​Quinn, Nazar, Firkus, Fantilli, Benson, Donato, Dumais, Guenther, Lardis, Nichushkin, J. Perron, C. Ritchie, Yager, Ziemmer, But
    D: L. Hughes, Addison, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Nikishin, S. Morrow, Nelson, Brzustewicz
    G: Raanta, Hofer, Korpisalo

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghHustlers View Post
    The kid has some serious potential. I think you should hold on tight and enjoy the goal scoring ride that will get going soon enough.
    Man, just looking at your signature.....what is that team!!! I mean, how can you don't win each year? Unless you are 2 in your league! lol

For the question of Tolvanen, I haven't got the opportunity to watch him closely so I am not sure about his level of talent but I would be very suprised if he supplant Fosberg or Fiala (he is becaming beastmode right now). If Tolvanen is that good, he could take the spot of Smith, but he will really have to impress the coach for that. So, I am not sold on his opportunities for now.
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Skinner, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, DeBrusk
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Samsonov
    Bench: Rust, Backstrom, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, Sharangovich, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Brodie, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Fleury, Bobrovsky, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Korchinski, Ersson

Dobber Sports Jedi

as others have said, it's about opportunity. If he doesn't get it, expectations need to be tempered. He needs top 6 time and regular PP time to crack 50pts. PP2 should be a given... but 2nd line, PP1 - he's going to need injuries OR go on a tear to force them to bump him up
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Preds might be very deep but one thing they are lacking in is high end goal scoring and playmaking, which I think Tolvanen brings in spades. Especially goal scoring which I could see being the catalyst towards him getting a shot in the top 6.

Ultimately I think he?s more ideal than Arvi at being paired with Forsberg and RyJo. I could see Arvi being perfect for a 2nd line with Turris and helping to give them a much improved 2nd line.

I think Tolvanen could reach 45 - 50 this year if somthing like that happens. And then I can see him improving at about 10 points per season for the next 2 to 3 seasons.

But yea, Preds definitely could use his offense. And Forsberg and RyJo are physical enough to let Tolvanen grow and improve in a safer line. I also think adding him to that line would improve the numbers of both Forsberg and RyJo, to the point I think it could help put RyJo back on a positive trajectory.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)