Thread: Karlsson, Burns & when to draft them

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Karlsson, Burns & when to draft them

This year I'm picking 12th in a 12th team league (pretty normal banger cats league, i.e. Goals/Assists/PPP/shots/hits/pims/blocks)

The Karlsson trade has kinda kicked me in the nuts as I really can't figure out the overall impact to either him or Burns and now how to proceed with my second pick.

I was planning on taking either Jamie Benn or Marchand (depending on who is available) first, but then my second pick is killing me. I'd have likely gone Burns pre-trade, but now I can't decide between Burns or Karlsson or neither due to them limiting each other's ceiling. Hedman may actually be a safer choice than either, but I just don't want to take him 13th overall and would rather a proven year after year stud like Wheeler, or a goal-scoring RW (Pastrnak/Laine depending on who drops).

Argh - decisions decisions. Any thoughts welcome!

P.S. I'm leaning on Burns still, hoping he maintains shot totals and possibly moves to the Ovi positions on the PP. The idea of Karlsson teeing them up and Burns smashing them in makes my winkle tingle.
    GRETZKY'S ORIFICE:
    12-team, Head-to-head.

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK....W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Trochek. Drouin (LW/RW), Kesler
    LW: Benn (C), Rakell (C).
    RW: Pavelski (C), Radulov, Voracek.
    D: Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, Klingberg, Trouba, Muzzin, Provorov.
    G: Rask, Vasilevskiy, Varlamov.
    + 1 streaming skater that changes from week to week.

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Karlsson, Burns & when to draft them

I think Marchand or Benn and then Wheeler/Pasta/Laine is a fine approach
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Karlsson, Burns & when to draft them

I would take Karlsson of the two but it's a little early at 13 and you will never get him when your picks come back up again.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.