Thread: Ovie and the stanley cup hangover or just hangover in general..?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Ovie and the stanley cup hangover or just hangover in general..?

How do you see Ovie fairing this season in one year leagues? Deep down I feel he will have a down year points wise and part of it can be due to all the partying he's been doing and also the fact that he already won the biggest prize and may have lack of motivation... I need to chose between him, Malkin and Stamkos in my 1 year league... See below for scoring cats. Who'd you take the other 2 over him?

Goals (G) 1
    Assists (A) 1
    Plus/Minus (+/-) 0.5
    Powerplay Goals (PPG) 1
    Powerplay Assists (PPA) 0.5
    Shorthanded Points (SHP) 1
    Game-Winning Goals (GWG) 1

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Ovie and the stanley cup hangover or just hangover in general..?

That is a very tough pick in those settings...Malkin has the advantage as the top points getter most recently. There's a slight advantage for whoever has the most PPG. Ovie had 17, Stamkos had 15, Malkin had 14. But Malkin also well outpointed Ovie and Stamkos. Malkin still has the injury risk...Stamkos had a good year but weirdly not a lot of goals by his standard.

My gut says Malkin, but it's pretty close.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Ovie and the stanley cup hangover or just hangover in general..?

I'm going Malkin - the guy turns 30 and then proceeds to put up 98 and 103 point scoring paces over the past two seasons. He's a machine. Heck - even if he misses 15 games due to injury and you can fill his spot with a guy who'll get you 10 points in those 15 games, your total for the season - assuming Malkin scores at a 100 point pace in the games he plays - would be 91 points.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/