Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on my rejected trade

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Opinions on my rejected trade

I?m in a very deep rebuild and offered Kopitar and Trouba for 3 3rd round picks (2 this year 1 next) and it got rejected. My starting 6 forwards are Scheifele, Eichl, Kopitar, Buchnevich, De Brusk and Bratt. Starting 4 D are Ellis, Trouba, Fowler and Slavin. Only bench player is Victor Mete.

My team is ass. But My farm team is very promising. Some of the forwards I have that stand out are: Elias Petterson, Nolan Patrick, Lias Andersson, Andrei Svechnikov, Kravtsov, Dylan strome, Sam steel... and many others. some of my defensemen: Heiskanen, Chabot, Bean, Brannstrom, Fabbro, Morrissey, Fox... among many more.

I?m sorry but no one will tell me how to run my team. It?s laughable because I have been offering the same package to almost everyone and it all got rejected. I actually planned on signing Kovalchuk to replace Kopitar lol. Sorry but I was not letting him rot on my team when I could get something for him. And as a Jets fan, I know firsthand Trouba isn?t anything special fantasy wise and with Niku devloping fast nothing will change.

I?m quitting the league and not paying the fee (yes 100% serious). Not going to pay to be in a league where I?m prevented from building my team the way I want.

Just came here for opinions on trading 3 3rd for Trouba and Kopitar.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Administrator

Default Re: Opinions on my rejected trade

Well for starters that's not a good trade. Not good at all. You'll probably be able to write chapters justifying it from your end but I don't care. It's bad. But at the end of the day if you don't like the veto just go find a league that better suits your preferences.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

At first glance it looks like a low return for Kopitar and Trouba, but if you couldn't get any better offers then I'm not gonna second guess you since I don't know your league. I don't know why they would intervene on a trade you clearly want to make. Unless you think you can go to the commish and salvage the situation, I definitely agree on backing out of a league where you aren't free to make legitimate trades.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Padawan

Wait, is the problem that these trades are being vetoed or is it that the other owners are just declining the offers?
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm also a bit confused on whether 'rejected' means declined by other GMs or it means veto'd? Big difference.

On the surface I feel you could definitely get more for Trouba and Kopitar. The other GMs in your league may feel similarly and that by allowing the trade they may feel like the gm receiving Kopitar gets an unfair advantage. Just trying to look at it from the other side. I'm not saying they are right but just pointing out a possibility.

Regardless, I'd reassess how you feel over the next few days and if you're still upset about it then I'd probably move on and find another league. Life is too short.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You should not get rid of Trouba when you are rebuilding. Just to add to the above statements of how bad a trade that would have been, which I agree.
    Ice Cap Hockey League, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2020. Commish.
    Global Fantasy League, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2022. Commish.
    BHL, 12 teams dynasty. Est. 2010. Commish.
    SSHL, 10 teams dynasty. Est. 2020.
    JHL, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2023.

Yearly best ball league player.

Dobber Sports Novice

Kopitar does have more trade value than 3rd round picks. The current trade would likely have been rejected in the leagues that I am in and I likely would have been one of the owners rejecting it. You should get more! Although I am not 100% sure how your league is setup, I would push for a more quality return. I would hold on to Kopitar until later in the season (December-January) and push for a trade. The return would likely be a return (likely multiple picks or a good prospect and a pick) in the 1st two rounds.
    H2H Dynasty League. 16 Teams.Scoring Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

C- Eichel, Kuznetsov, Petterson, Stamkos, Stastny, Thomas, Bozak
    LW - Drouin, Athanasiou, McCann, Vatrano, Johnsson,
    RW - Kane, Marner, Sprong, Strome, Fiala
    D- Manson, Ceci, C. Miller, Cernak, Juulsen
    G- Rask, Bishop, Lehner, Ullmark

Minors- Bracco, Vesalainen, Katchouk, Dahlen, Hill, R. Suzuki, Lavoie, Brink, Woll, Ersson
    2020 Picks: 1,2,2,2,2 RD; 2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3 RD

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

how can you consider a rebuild when you have the following players?? Elias Petterson, Nolan Patrick, Lias Andersson, Andrei Svechnikov, Kravtsov, Dylan strome, Sam steel, Heiskanen, Chabot, Bean, Brannstrom, Fabbro, Morrissey, Fox....

Also, why get rid of an 80-90 point player for 3rd round picks? That said, if trades keep getting vetoed then its not worth participating. We don't veto any trade unless its ridiculously one-sided
    10 Teams
    Keeper max 18 of 23 + 5 minors
    NHL Cap Hit
    G, A, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, FOW, Takeaways
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Trocheck, Fantilli, Staal, Glendening, Mittlestadt, Bjugstad

W
    B. Tkachuk, Pastrnak,
    Perfetti, Giroux, Byfield, Reinhart, Svechnikov, Quinn

D
    Lauzon, Schenn, Englund, Hakanpaa, Korchinski

G
    Sorokin, Ersson

Minors
    Wallstedt, Wolf, Jiricek

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ya, it's not clear if the trade was veto'd or your offer was being rejected by each owner individually.

If it was veto'd because the other owners feel like its lopsided in the other owner's favour (and you're still fine with your return) I would post on your webpage "Starting bid for Kopi & Trouba is 3-3rd rounders, highest bid after 24 hours gets them." After the 24 hours is up, if the 3-3rd's is still your only offer, now the other owner's have no reason to be able to veto the deal.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It sounds like he's offered that around a fair amount:

I'm sorry but no one will tell me how to run my team. It's laughable because I have been offering the same package to almost everyone and it all got rejected.
    If you finally found a taker for his offer and then it got vetoed, quitting is the right move. You are trying to get what seems like a subpar return, and it took a while to get it. Then the league turns around and vetoes the deal? I'd quit as well. Best to get out while you can when it's not working.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

3rd round picks are bascially worthless so you are giving Kopitar and Trouba away for nothing.

The Great One

Judging by your team, the league probably should have been vetoing your trades a long time ago. Seems a bit random that they've started doing it now...

Dobber Sports Monster

The veto saved you from yourself. That's a horrible return for Kopitar and Trouba. 3rd rounds picks is the only return you get?

Dobber Sports Stud

Dude, I offered that same package kopitar and trouba to a guy for a 1st next year and a 2nd this year and he declined it. This guy was the main person crying that 3 3rds was unfair...

Where is the value then? I?m not going to sit here and play games with people. Two 2nds? Nope, that got declined as well by another owner. What pisses me off is these same people are crying over the trade that got accepted but declined my offers to them.

I need to rebuild. Period. Kopitar does nothing for me and quite frankly the league I?m in is goals heavy. I picked up Kopitar in free agency in beginning of last season lol. And let?s not overrated Trouba.

Dobber Sports Monster

Depends on the manager but I know some are very loath to trade picks. I would see if you can just turn Kopitar into a younger player to speed up your rebuild.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry