Thread: Nugent-Hopkins Predictions

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Nugent-Hopkins Predictions

Nugent-Hopkins was put on a line with Mcdavid for the last 13 games of the season and racked up 15 points. They also showed some chemistry together at the IIHF World Hockey Championship.

We are talking about a #1 draft pick here. We know Hopkins has some serious skills. Could he be the missing ingredient for a stable and deadly Mcdavid line for years to come?

So, hypothetically, if The Nuge stays with Mcdavid for the entire season what kind of points could he put up?

I think he might very well flirt with 70-75 this season with more to come.

Maybe he will become the equivalent of Wayne Gretzky's jari Kurri.

Crazy? Too bold?
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Nugent-Hopkins Predictions

it's about time they moved him to the wing. now, if they just keep him there all year - let him take strong side face-offs (He's better than McDavid) then I'll take him for over 70pts.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agreed, if he stays healthy tough

Dobber Sports Monster

70s is a little bullish...I'm lower, but I guess if he stays healthy and is glued to McDavid's wing then yeah, 70 wouldn't shock me for a guy with his vision. McDavid said he wanted to score more, RNH could be the guy to help tee him up more often. Let's start with aiming for a career year - 57+, and fingers crossed for good health.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Icon

RNH is also practicing on the Oilers first PP unit which is a place where he has dominated in the past. He was not on the first PP unit at all last year. A loaded up PP1 + playing at least some shifts with McDavid and I would bet that Nugent-Hopkins flirts with point per game all season.

PP1 at practice so far this week:

McDavid
    Draisaitl
    RNH
    Klefbom
    Lucic

They are talking about not having set positions in the middle (Lucic net front and Klefbom at the top) and letting the 3 centers roam. It could be a very effective PP.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    RNH is also practicing on the Oilers first PP unit which is a place where he has dominated in the past. He was not on the first PP unit at all last year. A loaded up PP1 + playing at least some shifts with McDavid and I would bet that Nugent-Hopkins flirts with point per game all season.

PP1 at practice so far this week:

McDavid
    Draisaitl
    RNH
    Klefbom
    Lucic

They are talking about not having set positions in the middle (Lucic net front and Klefbom at the top) and letting the 3 centers roam. It could be a very effective PP.
    Can't wait to see what Bouchard will do on this pp when he'll be NHL-ready!

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm pretty hesitant to put him much above 65. He paced for 63 last season but has never scored more than 56 in a season. Even 65 is a pretty big jump. Anything is possible if he plays withe McDavid all season and clicks but I could see the oilers screwing this up as well... Tough one to call this season. I think most of us expect the oilers to be better than last season so RNH is one of several on the oilers that seem to have big gaps between their floors and ceilings.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Padawan

he might go for 79 +

Dobber Sports Genius

Let's be honest its two different projections depending on if he's with McDavid or not. If he's glued to McDavid for the year I think he puts his best PPG average ever (previous 68.77) and I like him for over 70 points with upside for 80. I know really bold but if he's with a guy who could get 120 points if all breaks well and on the top PP why couldn't he have an 80 point pace, like Semin with Ovi all those years ago.

If however the experiment fails, all bets are off and he regresses back to a 50ish point pace player. Certainly worth a swing in later rounds of your draft this year.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

I drafted RNH for the potential upside but the uncertainty made me uncomfortable so I moved him in a deal to acquire Benn who is much more proven and consistent.

RNH may be a prime candidate for an early sell high if he gets off to a good start with McDavid because we don't know what will happen when the Oilers hit an inevitable rough patch, or if he gets injured again. If he gets off to a PPG start or thereabouts in the first few weeks I'd suggest flipping him or at least thinking hard about it.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Monster

If he can stick with the McDavid line then I am on board with 60-65 pts. Only way I can see him hitting 70 is if McDavid explodes and hits 120 pts. Jot me down for the 55~ range.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He could easily pull a Mackinnon and go crazy this year, especially if the lineups are stacking up the way they are looking. I remember a similar topic about mackinnon last year and whether he'll blow up. 1st overall picks are bound to have their year at some point, and RNH is due. Things are falling into place for him it seems. Maybe not the 97pts Mackinnon put up but I could see in the 70pts range.
    FANTASY LEAGUE: "Hockey Night on Hoth" (est. 2012)
    TEAM NAME: "The Barrelriders"

FORMAT: H2H Keeper League (Keep 4 - no more than two per position)
    TEAM FORMAT: 12 Teams, 17 Players per Team (3C, 4W, 3D, 2G, 5Util)
    STAT CATS: G, A, P, PPP, FW, Shots, Hits, Blocks | Wins, SVS, GAA, SV%

MY TEAM:

C | N. Mackinnon,
    W | J. Benn, J. Pavelski
    D |
    G | A. Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    I drafted RNH for the potential upside but the uncertainty made me uncomfortable so I moved him in a deal to acquire Benn who is much more proven and consistent.

RNH may be a prime candidate for an early sell high if he gets off to a good start with McDavid because we don't know what will happen when the Oilers hit an inevitable rough patch, or if he gets injured again. If he gets off to a PPG start or thereabouts in the first few weeks I'd suggest flipping him or at least thinking hard about it.

Some solid points. I grabbed RNH in both of my fantasy leagues. The fact that he has LW/C designation, as well as the fact that both of my leagues score face off wins, made this move a no brainer. Either he sticks with Mcdavid and racks up points through osmosis or he goes back to center where his FO win totals will still make him a valuable winger even with 50-55 points.

We'll see how he starts the season. I agree he might be a good sell high if him and Mcdavid come barreling out of the gate, but that said, with the level of talent RNH has the line may become one of the leagues best for years to come. Obviously, if I could get a player anywhere near Benn caliber I would trade him in a heartbeat (I am sure you needed to add a nice piece to that deal) but otherwise I suppose we will cross that bridge when we get to it
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

60-65pts
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Stud

I've got the Nuge at 55-58 pts baring injury.
    IF he sticks with McD, IF stays healthy and IF he gets top PP minutes he could be 75+.
    Depending on his ADP he is worth the risk but I wouldn't over-reach for him due to his injury history.
    Just too many "if's" at this point in time.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A