Thread: Rank my draft! Rep. With my post comments.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Rank my draft! Rep. With my post comments.

So did a 1 year 10 team H2H ESPN Draft start 9 Fowards, 5 D, 2 Goalies and a utility G,A,PTS,PPP,+/-,HITS,PIMS,SOG,BLKS,GAA,SV%,W,SVs draft. I made one big gaff I was drafting in the 6th round and was going to get Johnny Hockey at a steal. As I was waiting to draft I was queing up players, I was dragging Morgan Reilly into my que and it switched to me to draft so instead of drafting Gaudreau I drafted Morgan Reilly. Man was I mad it was going to be a steal which turned out to be a huge reach. Oh well here's the rest of the draft.

Picked 4th overall in a snake.

Round 1: Kucherov, Round 2: Stamkos Round 3: P.Kane, Round 4:Kessel, Round 5: Jones- Kuch fell to me after Benn was taken 3rd? Then I really liked Kane at round 3. Jones was a bit of a reach in 5 but D were going quick.

Round 6: Morgan Reilly (Gaudreau), Round 7: Rantanen, Round 8: Rakell, Round 9: Huberdeau, Round 10: JVR- These next 5 picks could of been special if didn't accidentally take Reilly instead of Gaudreau. Rants was another steal IMO but maybe took Rakell too early.

Round 11: OEL, Round 12: RNH Round 13: Carey Price (my 1st tender last one to pick a goalie), Round 14: Hoffman, Round 15: Schwartz- Took my first goalie don't have a ton a faith in Price but in round 13 thought it was decent value. Schwartz in 15 looks like a steal.

Round 16: Lundqvist, Round 17: Galchenyuk, Round 18: Colin Miller, Round 19: Nick Leddy, Round 20: Eberle, Round 21: Scheinder, Round 22: Puluck. Needed to fill my D and goalies up so I loaded up on them in these rounds. Ebs could provide good value in Round 20.

Team:
    FW: Kucherov, Stamkos, P.Kane, Kessel, Rantanen, Rakell, Huberdeau, JVR, RNH, Hoffman, Schwartz, Galchenyuk, Eberle.
    D:Jones, Morgan Reilly, OEL, Colin Miller, Nick Leddy, Puluck.
    G: Price, Lundy and Scheinder.

So there you have it. I think my D/Goalies are a little weak, man my goalies would of been something 5 years ago haha. Petry is still out there and I think I will drop Leddy and pick him up tomorrow once adds are available.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Rank my draft! Rep. With my post comments.

Any thoughts?

The Great One

You will be last or nearly last in PIM and Hits and I'm not very high on Stamkos or Kane going into this season. And your goalies could be a tire fire. Your D might be better than you think though. In all, maybe a middle of the pack to slightly below middle team IMO.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    You will be last or nearly last in PIM and Hits and I'm not very high on Stamkos or Kane going into this season. And your goalies could be a tire fire. Your D might be better than you think though. In all, maybe a middle of the pack to slightly below middle team IMO.
    I get Kane not being as high but curious why Stamkos? I wasn't super stoked on my draft but if my goalies can somehow surprise should be OK?

Dobber Sports Monster

Many injury questions in goal. I feel this will be your Achilles heel.
    Offense is ok - not top tier - but middle of the road I venture to say.
    Defense is actually a strength on you team IMO. Pulock and Rielly will be fine. Jones / OEL is legit high end.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I get Kane not being as high but curious why Stamkos? I wasn't super stoked on my draft but if my goalies can somehow surprise should be OK?
    Since his first injury, if you subtract the first 20 games of last season and the abbreviated 2016-17, Stamkos has been a 70 point player. As for your goalies, a lot would likely have to go right for them to be even average among other teams in your league.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks all. I got robbed twice on goalies coming up on the 10th round quick was still there but just went. Then for my 2nd goalie I had Raanta qued but went 2 picks before me ugh. Oh well there's always surprises in net.

Dobber Sports Genius

Traded for Murray. Had to give up Rants, Lundy and Miller but I was able to pick up Klefbom to offset the lose of Miller.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Interesting how goalies are valued in this format. In my 12 team Yahoo H2H league, 14 goalies were gone in the first 4 rounds. Agree that your D looks really strong. I think Jones is in running for Norris. Forwards are middle of the pack (especially without Rantanen). I think Price/Murray is a nice duo. I expect a big comeback from Price. Murray just needs to prove he can stay healthy.