Thread: King, Quick, Schneid, or?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default King, Quick, Schneid, or?

Hey Guys

In my points only keeper league our goalies contribute through wins (2 points), shutouts (1point), shootout losses (1 point), and whatever goals/assist they score (if only Hextall was still playing...). We keep our whole team from year to year with an annual 4 round draft for new and unclaimed players. No waiver wire, players are acquired through the draft or by trading.

My 3 goalies from last year are Quick, Lundqvist, and Schneider. Only one gets to start, our subs are done monthly.

For this year I only really feel good about Quick, since LA should contend for the playoffs and therefore win games. Barring an injury he'll most likely be my starter for the whole season. Rangers have started their youth movement which doesn't make things good for aging Hank. Devils should be decent but Schneider hasn't been able to stay healthy. I also don't have anyone in place for the future, which is the biggest need for my team.

I do enough room to roster 4 goalies this year, so I don't mind if I have to wait a season or 2 for results.

These are my options

Raanta ARZ
    Kinkaid NJ
    Varlamov COL
    Grubauer COL
    Hutton BUF

Saros NSH
    Jarry PIT
    Subban VGK
    Also all goalie prospects are available (Carter Hart, Thatcher Demko, etc)

OPTION 1: Draft from the first group for extra insurance this year.

OPTION 2: Draft from the 2nd group for 1/2 years from now and roll with my 3 horses again.

I'm looking to repeat as champ this year, any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: King, Quick, Schneid, or?

Hutton & Varlamov are unlikely to help you much down the road. Kinkaid may or may not, but you'd have the NJ goalie. Grubauer & Raanta are the 2 guys from the first group I like, and I'd lean towards taking one of them.

I'm confident Saros & Jarry are NHL quality goalies, but when they get the starting job somewhere is in question. I'm not sold on Subban, even if Vegas is sold on him. I would think most prospects aren't taken for golaies, so I'd avoid guys who haven't played in the NHL.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.