Thread: I just traded for McDavid in a keeper league - this is what I gave up

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default I just traded for McDavid in a keeper league - this is what I gave up

I've seen a lot of threads discussing fair return for McDavid. I believe the general consensus on this forum is that those who have McDavid in keeper leagues shouldn't trade him, and that those who want McDavid will have to overpay. Figured I'd share how the trade went down so you can have a rough idea.

League: H2H, 10 teams, Keep 6 forever
    Skater Stats: G, A, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

We spent 3 hours negotiating back and forth until there was a deal we both were interested in. We decided to sleep on it. I sent him the offer in the evening and he accepted it in the morning.

I received: McDavid, Ekman-Larsson, Reinhart, DeBrincat, Round 16 pick, Round 20 pick (last round)
    I gave: Stamkos, Hedman, Nylander, Saros, Round 10 pick (4th round), Round 13 pick

I overpaid but with McDavid, that's the only way. Losing Hedman stings in a league of this format, whilst I'm replacing Stamkos at C with McDavid. Nylander was expendable but Saros (who I'm high on and believe might be this year's Vasi) was a big loss.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

The Great One

Default Re: I just traded for McDavid in a keeper league - this is what I gave up

I wouldn't call that an overpay...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: I just traded for McDavid in a keeper league - this is what I gave up

That is certainly not an overpay. Good deal for you!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

You got the best player in fantasy hockey, you win!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

What a deal for you!! Definitely not an overpayment! Reinhart and Debrincat are 2 solid young players you got too. Good job man
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Sage

You won that trade. Not an overpay at all.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Giant

You smashed, my friend. Great trade for you. The downgrade from Hedman to OEL isn't as large as people think, and you arguably moved laterally with DeBrincat/Reinhart for Nylander/Saros. Awesome deal!
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Magnificent One

Yeah great deal. I love that it was also a balanced deal in players. You didn't have to do a 5:1.. good on his part also

Saros yes a loss but I don't see us seeing his full potential for a few seasons. With that he might not even be a keeper and maybe you can get him back!
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Monster

Doesn't look like an overpayment to me. You gave up some great assets, but in my mind it's pretty amazing they were willing to give up McDavid without getting back a top young keeper (like a Matthews, Eichel, Laine etc) or a top 5 guy like Crosby or Kucherov, and were also able to get back THREE good players like DeBrincat, Reinhart and OEL as part of the deal!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Icon

Agreed, no overpayment that I can see. That's a pretty sweet deal for McD.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ace

lol if that is an overpayment... cannot see why the other gm pull the trigger ...
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Sage

No way I would have moved McDavid for that myself. It's not even close imo. You're the clear winner of this trade and congrats on the best player in fantasy hockey for the next decade or so.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Jyeatbvg View Post
    I've seen a lot of threads discussing fair return for McDavid. I believe the general consensus on this forum is that those who have McDavid in keeper leagues shouldn't trade him, and that those who want McDavid will have to overpay. Figured I'd share how the trade went down so you can have a rough idea.

League: H2H, 10 teams, Keep 6 forever
    Skater Stats: G, A, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

We spent 3 hours negotiating back and forth until there was a deal we both were interested in. We decided to sleep on it. I sent him the offer in the evening and he accepted it in the morning.

I received: McDavid, Ekman-Larsson, Reinhart, DeBrincat, Round 16 pick, Round 20 pick (last round)
    I gave: Stamkos, Hedman, Nylander, Saros, Round 10 pick (4th round), Round 13 pick

I overpaid but with McDavid, that's the only way. Losing Hedman stings in a league of this format, whilst I'm replacing Stamkos at C with McDavid. Nylander was expendable but Saros (who I'm high on and believe might be this year's Vasi) was a big loss.

Would love to hear your thoughts.
    Well done.
    You negotiated a very nice deal for yourself.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I totally agree with everybody else here, what a deal!
    14 Team Fantrax, G, A, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, Hit, Blk, FO%, GWG+ShGWG, W, L, SV, SV%, SHO
    Max Total Players: 31
    Min Active Players: 0
    Max Active Players: 17
    Max Reserve Players: 4
    Max Injury Reserve Players: 3
    Max Minor League Players: 15

C- MacKinnon, Seguin (RW), Bergeron, Kuznetsov, Hayes
    LW- Gaudreau, A Lee, Domi (LW), Olofsson (RW)
    RW- P Kane, T Wilson, Dadonov (LW), M Tkachuk (LW)
    D- Hedman, Carlson, Doughty, Spurgeon, Girard

G-Vasilevskiy, Varlamov, Stalock

Farm:
    F Hallander, G Denisenko, J Kuokkanen, C Garland, S Noel, A Barre-Boulet, J Marino, C Delia, J Korenar, D Tarasov, U-P Luukkonen, A Werner, J Annunen

Dobber Sports Genius

Pour yourself a drink, Sir!

In a keep 6 this would look reasonable: McDavid --for-- Stamkos, Hedman, Nylander, Saros, Round 10 pick (4th round), Round 13 pick.

The fact you got Ekman-Larsson, Reinhart, DeBrincat, Round 16 pick and Round 20 pick is gravy.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"