Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Plz rank: Tkachuk, Zadina, Suzuki, Glass, Steel, Greenway or Sikura

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Plz rank: Tkachuk, Zadina, Suzuki, Glass, Steel, Greenway or Sikura

Untitled.png

It went pretty well for some. Our league's rookie draft is always interesting cause some guys prefer older rookies that have more experience while others prefer younger high end skilled guys. We also draft more players than roster spots so some of these guys will get cut
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat Danglers View Post
    Untitled.png

It went pretty well for some. Our league's rookie draft is always interesting cause some guys prefer older rookies that have more experience while others prefer younger high end skilled guys. We also draft more players than roster spots so some of these guys will get cut
    Can you share with us the first two rounds??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Newbie

zadina
    tkachuk (plus minus will be awful)
    suzuki (montreal will love his tenacity and speed)
    greenway

glass, steel sikura unlikely to play enough to get you return
    10 team keeper - start 11 f, 4 d, 2 g +4 bench
    Prospects free keepers for 3 seasons (max)

WEIGHTED ROTISSERIE STATS - weekly lineups
    G= 3 (points)
    A = 2.5
    +/- = 1
    HITS = 0.5
    PIM = 0.5
    PPG = 0.5
    GWG+SHG = 1

WINS = 2.5
    SV% = 0.5
    SHO = 1

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Can you share with us the first two rounds??
    That small picture has our entire rookie draft. If you click on it you should be able to see a larger scale of it to see our entire 5 rounds of rookies drafted
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

That small picture has our entire rookie draft. If you click on it you should be able to see a larger scale of it to see our entire 5 rounds of rookies drafted
    Ohhhhh yes, I see it now. Thanks!!

Dick stole Saros at the end of the 3rd.. Demko was a great pick in the 5th aswell!!

Dobber Sports Ace

Ohhhhh yes, I see it now. Thanks!!

Dick stole Saros at the end of the 3rd.. Demko was a great pick in the 5th aswell!!
    He did but our rookie goalies expire at 50 games so technically it was actually kind of a bad pick. After 50 games he will become a vet and we only allow max 3 vet goalies per team and up to 4 goalies total if you have a rookie. If he isnt starting this year he will most likely have to drop him as there isnt much value in vet back up goalies unless there is an injury and they start getting regular minutes. Demko was a steal but if he doesnt start in the NHL he will most likely get dropped. Its rare in our league for teams to hold onto guys that are not playing in the NHL. Last year I held onto Petterson prior to the World Jrs and I think there was only 1 other team with a player that wasnt currently in the NHL. The weaker teams remain weaker cause they dont do proper research and snag up the top notch prospects. Ive been able to continually add guys like Werenski, Boeser and now Petterson at the end or during the year to bring them in as rookies for the following season. Unfortunately Ive had a few consecutive bad years where I finish high but my team falls apart in the playoffs.

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

He did but our rookie goalies expire at 50 games so technically it was actually kind of a bad pick. After 50 games he will become a vet and we only allow max 3 vet goalies per team and up to 4 goalies total if you have a rookie. If he isnt starting this year he will most likely have to drop him as there isnt much value in vet back up goalies unless there is an injury and they start getting regular minutes. Demko was a steal but if he doesnt start in the NHL he will most likely get dropped. Its rare in our league for teams to hold onto guys that are not playing in the NHL. Last year I held onto Petterson prior to the World Jrs and I think there was only 1 other team with a player that wasnt currently in the NHL. The weaker teams remain weaker cause they dont do proper research and snag up the top notch prospects. Ive been able to continually add guys like Werenski, Boeser and now Petterson at the end or during the year to bring them in as rookies for the following season. Unfortunately Ive had a few consecutive bad years where I finish high but my team falls apart in the playoffs.
    Ohhhh I see.. I guess if a team is rebuilding then Saros and Demko would be good picks.. But for teams going for it, shouldn't waste their time unless they plan on using them as trade bait for the rebuilding GM's..

Dobber Sports Ace

Ohhhh I see.. I guess if a team is rebuilding then Saros and Demko would be good picks.. But for teams going for it, shouldn't waste their time unless they plan on using them as trade bait for the rebuilding GM's..
    Totally, Demko would be a great pick for a rebuilding team but since its only a ten team league and the start of the year everyone is full of optimism heading into the year. As well, with the limited keepers most teams could pull a complete 180 if they drafted well and stocked up on young guys. All in all Im pretty content with my picks. Fabbri looks like he is struggling with injuries again already so he might not make it but if Glass can crack the Knights roster then Im laughing. If not I will have to find value in an undrafted guy that unexpectedly made his team

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Totally, Demko would be a great pick for a rebuilding team but since its only a ten team league and the start of the year everyone is full of optimism heading into the year. As well, with the limited keepers most teams could pull a complete 180 if they drafted well and stocked up on young guys. All in all Im pretty content with my picks. Fabbri looks like he is struggling with injuries again already so he might not make it but if Glass can crack the Knights roster then Im laughing. If not I will have to find value in an undrafted guy that unexpectedly made his team
    I'd say you did well..