Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Dobber Pro - Wales League

The Wolverine

Default 2018/19 Dobber Pro - Wales League

Welcome to the 2018/19 Dobber Pro Wales League!

This thread is created to enable managers (and even some non-managers) to chat about the league in general, the draft, teams and even smack talk.

The one request is that any league questions/issues remain on the league board.

A reminder of the settings:

Yahoo, One-year, Rotisserie
    Daily lineups, Weekly FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
    No maximum moves/trades, Same day processing
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,W,GAA,SV
    4C,4L,4R,6D,2G,5BN,1IR,2IR+

The live draft is set for Tuesday, September 25th at 7:30pm Eastern.

Here is the draft order (team names to be updated when available):

1 Invictus
    2 BlacknTan
    3 Mighty Mo
    4 ChuckLemieux
    5 hipcheck
    6 Eskimo Brother
    7 finminer
    8 rattus rattus
    9 jdubs
    10 StuntMan12
    11 PensInThree

I encourage managers to share their thoughts post-draft and throughout the season.

Good luck and have fun!

Draft results (as an image):

Or as an attachment:

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.09.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.11.08 PM.png
    Last edited by horrorfan; September 26, 2018 at 3:00 PM.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: 2018/19 Dobber Pro - Wales League

Great to be back! Looking forward to the season!

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

The Wolverine

Hey all,

Someone noticed that the draft pick clock is not showing on the settings page.

I can confirm that it's 1 minute. No idea why it's not showing on the settings page, but it shows when I go into commish tools.

The Wolverine

Draft tonight - good luck and have fun!

Dobber Sports Titan

Good luck everyone with the draft tonight. Hopefully everyone can make it on time and that there's no computer glitches.

Looking forward to a fun season!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Draft results uploaded (not well mind you, so if someone wants to do a better job of it, by all means go for it!).

Also grabbed a screenshot of the yahoo predictions after the draft. I love that I'm predicted to be last haha.

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 9.23.35 PM.png
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Draft results uploaded (not well mind you, so if someone wants to do a better job of it, by all means go for it!).

Also grabbed a screenshot of the yahoo predictions after the draft. I love that I'm predicted to be last haha.

They must have miscalculated the 40 wins BOTH Vasilevsky AAAAAND Carter Hart Will be getting.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Thanks. I will also add them in the same way as I've done the others so far, because I'm planning of combining all the leagues' results after all the drafts are done in a summary thread.

Well, if Yahoo says it then it must be true!

Dobber Sports Monster

My Pro debut .... went with a different strategy ... show up 10 minutes late .... auto draft Marchand .... buy heavy on Forwards and low on defence.

C- Evgeny Kuznetsov
    C- Aleksander Barkov
    C- Sean Couturier
    C- Ryan Getzlaf
    LW- Brad Marchand
    LW- William Karlsson
    LW- Kyle Connor
    LW- Alex Galchenyuk
    RW- Vladimir Tarasenko
    RW- Mitch Marner
    RW- Brock Boeser
    RW- Yanni Gourde
    D- Will Butcher
    D- Miro Heiskanen
    D- Thomas Chabot
    D- Justin Schultz
    D- Mike Green
    D- Michael Del Zotto

BN- Filip Zadina
    BN- Elias Pettersson
    BN- Pavel Buchnevich
    BN- Brent Seabrook

G- Andrei Vasilevsky
    G- Carter Hart
    BN- Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Titan

EB's draft recap:

Plan going into the draft. Don't punt goalies, get defence early and often. LW over RW. Focus on some well-rounded players.

1.6 Jaime Benn - Going into the draft I knew he would be my pick here. The big four were going to be four of the top five gone, and I didn't think Benn would be the other guy to get picked before me. Covers all categories, and I see LW as weaker than RW this year.

2.19 Evgeni Malkin - I was hoping one of the big 3 D would fall to me here, but I couldn't pass of Malkin once they were snatched up.

3.30 Brayden Holtby - I saw a bit of a gap here where it wasn't necessary to reach for a defenceman, so I went with Holtby who I was surprised to see still on the board.

4.43 P.K. Subban - He was my target for round four (regardless of getting a Dman in round two or not). Happy with him as my number 1.

5.54 Seemed like goalies were flying off faster than Dmen, and Fleury was near the bottom of a goalie tier that I saw, so I took him here to shore than up, thinking I would mainly focus on D for the next few rounds. I was planning on going with my top two, Kinkaid, and a top backup to round out my 164 games this season.

6.67 Kris Letang - Better to own in Roto because you can replace his games more easily. Pairing him with Malkin gives me a comfy PP duo. A nice own when he doesn't have to be your top D.

7.78 Patrice Bergeron - Couldn't let him slip any farther. Round 3/4 talent slipping because he's a C and may miss a couple games. I'll take it.

8.91 P.L. Dubois - Could be a ppg player with 120+ hits. Couldn't risk letting him slip another round. D going slower than I expected too, and still tons of guys I liked on the board.

9.102 Alex Pietrangelo - My top Dman still on the board, and I think this top three gives me one of the best d cores in this league, which I see as a bit of a key to having a good season here.

10.115 Kyle Palmieri - Going to own him in just about every league this year. Very underrated producer with these categories. Also definitely needed a RW.

11.126 RNH - I'll take McDavid's winger for 80 points please Mr Trabek.

12.139 Jake Muzzin - Great all around stats for this league, and I was starting to see the end of my D core. Had to pick another few quickly if I didn't want to be stuck with the dregs.

13.150 Ryan Pulock - I'll take the chance of him being a minus player to add the ton of hits/shots/ppps he's going to bring.

14.163 Oscar Klefbom - I'm still a believer here even after having been burned last year. A healthy Klefbom running the PP as my sixth D is a solid gamble at this stage in the draft. Still an ace up my sleeve for my 7th defenceman in case he falters.

15.174 Anthony Mantha - Unfortunately watched a few of my RW picks go while I was filling out my defence, but still lots of depth I like here. Mantha is the same as Pulock, I'll risk the minuses to gain the other categories.

16.187 Jake DeBrusk - Why not. Surprised no one else had taken a flier on him yet.

17.198 Juuse Saros - No one else I had in my queue that I didn't think would slip into next round or later, so I grabbed my top backup goalie option. If he gets 30 starts this year, he'll be one of the best picks this late. Still thinking Kinkaid slips another few rounds.

18.211 Jeff Petry - Roto league, so why not pad the stats with a first half stud. Excellent everywhere except +/-. As a D 7, I can fill in for an injury, or just get ahead in games played.

19.222 Shea Weber - Hedging my bet, I now have the top bomb on the MTL PP all season long. I don't mind stashing my 20th round pick for half of the season, and there's always good waiver grabs early in the year too.

20.235 Keith Kinkaid - I now have almost my full bench done, and still a bunch of forwards to pick, but I'm very happy about it.

21.246 Kailee Yamamoto - Dipping into the McDavid well again, hoping to strike gold here. We'll see how all the RW gigs and PP time shakes out.

At this point I put four forwards in my queue, and I had four picks left. I thought I could get all of them, I was right. Really just shooting for some upside in a few categories. If I miss, ah well, on to the next guy:
    22.259 Nick Foligno
    23.270 Martin Necas
    24.283 Valentin Zykov
    25.294 Robert Thomas (Favourite pick of the draft. Absolutely love this kid)

All in all, happy with the draft, and things generally went just as planned. I think I can parlay a defenceman into a better winger at some point. Otherwise, I'm thinking I can contend anyways (despite yahoo predicting me for last).

Cheers and good luck this year guys.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

First, I have to say I am still struggling with this Rotisserie format....not a lot of experience and I was trying a new way to rank players with my projections
    Going into the draft, I knew I was not positioned well to select a Top D. 4th overall seemed too early and I figured all 3 (Burns, EK65, Hedman) would be gone by 21 so decided to put less emphasis on D.

As for Goalie, I wanted to let the draft tell me when it was time and boy oh boy did I learned this one the hard way.....John Gibson was ok but rapidly other teams started to stock up on goalie and ended up with Mike Smith as 2nd goalie

Overall, I am confident in my group of forwards but lack depth at D and G. Will have to do a good job on the waiver wire.

1.-4 Auston Matthews - Clock was ticking and I was still not certain about this pick....hesitated between Sid, Mack and Matthews....finally gambled on Matthews.
    2.-21 David Pastrnak - I like this one pick....really wanted a top rotisserie winger and I think Pasta fits the bill really well.
    3.-28 Filip Forsberg - Again, was trying to fill my wings slot first and I really like Forsberg potential and good coverage across categories.
    4.-45 John Gibson - Run for goalie had started...he was at the top of my list at that time and went for him.
    5.-52 Roman Josi - Was kinda late to the D party and wanted Klingberg but he got snagged 2 picks earlier...Josi was the best D available at that time I think.
    6.-69 Jonathan Huberdeau - I have him quite high in my predictions and felt like top wingers were already going scarce so I snagged him.
    7.-76 Leon Draisaitl - Probably not as valuable in this format but stilll...with RW eligibility at 76th overall I think Drai offers good value here.

8.-93 Mike Smith - A run for second and even 3rd goalie started and when I looked at the goalies left....nothing....except Mike Smith....crossing my fingers here.
    9.-100 Matthew Tkachuk - At that stage, I could and maybe should have picked a D as 6 Ds got drafted before my next pick.
    10.-117 Charlie McAvoy - best option available at that time...wishing Krug gets injured or something hahahah
    11.-124 Mark Stone - I like Mark Stone at that point...shots and hits are not elite but at 124 no other players available could crack 70pts
    12.-141 Jeff Carter - Not a big fan of Carter but at figured he offered good value at 141, I have him up for 60pts and 200 shots.
    13.-148 T.J. Oshie - At that point, all Ds felt the same and had given up on the hopes of a good D squad so went for Oshie whom could rebound from last year and offers 100+ hits
    14.-165 Darnell Nurse - Finally had to select a few Ds and decided to go for Ds who hit a lot. Nurse fit the billl.
    15.-172 Justin Faulk - Needed to continue to load up on D and I like Faulk for a rebound and thinking Dougie actually helps him by removing some pressure.

At that point, I was already in the locker room for my hockey game and had to let my brother take over. I think he did well and kinda tried to go a little riskier than I usually do by selecting guys that "COULD" produce big things. I still feel he reached a little on some of them like Sprong in round 18

16.-189 Tomas Hertl
    17.-196 Brandon Saad
    18.-213 Daniel Sprong
    19.-220 Erik Johnson
    20.-237 Alex Tuch
    21.-244 Jonathan Drouin
    22.-261 Robby Fabbri
    23.-268 Adam Larsson
    24.-285 Josh Bailey
    25.-292 Jakub Vrana

Cheers to everyone and have a good season!!

The Wolverine

Draft results (as image) added onto the first post. EB also posted the results as an attachment if you prefer.

Dobber Sports Monster

Looking to move Pettersson for a d-man.

Dobber Sports Monster

Kuznetsov, Barkov, Couturier, Pettersson all available for a comparable d-man.

The Wolverine

Trade:

Scott Darling Car - G
    Traded to Rad to the Bone

James Reimer Fla - G
    Traded to Samson's Mullet