Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2018/19 Dobber Expert - Stanley League

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: 2018/19 Dobber Expert - Stanley League

Ya, trading was tough. Had a lot of discussions, was trying to find win-win situations, but very little came to fruition.

Overall this was probably one of my most frustrating leagues/seasons. I felt really good about my draft, ended up looking strong in Temek's projections and thought I would at least be competing in the upper half. Next thing I know, I'm in the basement having to figure to avoid relegation the entire season, and only barely managed to do that finishing 8th. Ugly. Goaltending hurt me significantly and I lacked G/SOG/Hits all season. I thought I'd be ok with Dubnyk and I didn't like the Allen pick, which turned out to be right. Just missed out on paying enough for Binnington which would have helped immensely, but alas, Temek valued him higher and rightly so.

All I can do is learn my lessons, make sure I reach for better goaltending next year and hope for some better luck at the same time. Thanks for the season all, hopefully we do get some more trading and chatter next season (assuming we have as great a GM as HF who is able to run it!).

Cheers

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: 2018/19 Dobber Expert - Stanley League

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    You guys only had one trade?! Fear not, it will be into the double digits next year
    Yes! Glad you are joining us!
    The "Experts" league really could use some fresh blood.
    Just us old-timers up here...