Thread: Nichushkin expectations?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Nichushkin expectations?

Any input is appreciated and will rep where i can. Cheers!
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Nichushkin expectations?

30-35pts maybe.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

If he gets to play a full season with Benn and Seguin, 50 points is possible. But if he spends the entire season on the 3rd line which wouldn't surprise me at all, he could be as low as 30 points.

I would probably go into the season expecting 35-40 points.

The Magnificent One

well I am not sure. I have seen people lining him up with the top line, with the second line, and with the third line. so his range right now is very very open. if he can get PP time which I am sure he will but might be a rotation he should be able to do some damage. now I am not saying PPG damage but who knows. probably view him close to RAD level.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He will more than likely get a look on the top line. The guy is a beast when he wants to be. I would say 40 is his floor do not understand 30-35 point thinking. If everything clicks I can see 60-65 pts if not I see 45 +/-
    18 team Dynasty Head 2 Head - 25 man Roster - (Keep as many as you want)
    G A P PPA PPG HITS GWG SOG
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I've always had high expectations for him. I still think there's going to be some growing to do and re-adapting to the NHL game. This season, maybe 40-45pts with an upside of say 65pts if all goes right by the time he's 25. Big bodied players have a tendency to take a bit longer in some cases.

That being said.. I figure I'd ask here to not open a new thread, but was offered Nichushkin for Mrazek in a dynasty multicat (current goalies are Fleury/Subban and Elliott/Neuvirth). Worthwhile?

Dobber Sports Padawan

This guy's projection is such a moving target. He's been away from the NHL for a couple of years and didn't exactly tear up the KHL while he was away. There is very little data to go on that is helpful in trying to pinpoint an NHL ceiling, especially when we have no idea where he'll land in the lineup, whether or not he has sticks there for any length of time, whether he gets PP1 or PP2 time, or even how this new Stars coach may handle him differently than his previous coach in Dallas did back in his first stint.

Best case I'm going to guess he bounces around the top six and gets some PP2 time to put up around 50pts. That projection/guess is based on my gut feeling and not much else.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    He will more than likely get a look on the top line. The guy is a beast when he wants to be. I would say 40 is his floor do not understand 30-35 point thinking. If everything clicks I can see 60-65 pts if not I see 45 +/-
    Wait for it and you'll see my thinking. Maybe he'll get to 40 pts if the Stars align (no pun intended) but I'm skeptical.

I'm not sure on your thinking when you say "he's a beast when he wants to be". Why wouldn't he ALWAYS want to be and when did you see him as a beast as a pro? I wont lie and say I watched a lot of his KHL games but his numbers are underwhelming.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

No way he plays the whole season on the top line, Radulov will be there for at least part of the season as they had great success with that line last season. They'll want to spread the scoring at times and to load up at times. I'm thinking 45-55 point pace when playing on the top line, 25-30 point pace when playing elsewhere. As a Nuke owner I think what you might hope for is a 50/50 split top line vs elsewhere and maybe 40-45 points. More likely less though, as I don't think he has it in him personally. Russian players that play his style have not typically had much offensive success in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Wait for it and you'll see my thinking. Maybe he'll get to 40 pts if the Stars align (no pun intended) but I'm skeptical.

I'm not sure on your thinking when you say "he's a beast when he wants to be". Why wouldn't he ALWAYS want to be and when did you see him as a beast as a pro? I wont lie and say I watched a lot of his KHL games but his numbers are underwhelming.
    Dallas s a team I've always watched the big Russian has a great stride and slick hands. When he had the opportunity and a bit of leash he showed his potential. Ruff was hard on him, one or two bad games and he was down to bottom 6 role. I saw his potential when he went on a streak on the top line he looked great in the corners with the puck and could handle well in the slot. I'm looking forward to seeing him play with some of the best in the league. I hope Jimbo gives him some care and brings out his talent.

I shouldn't be hard to understand with the statement imo I guess I could reword it to 'I don't think Ruff inspired his talent.' We will see tho 30-35 is a pretty bold statement for a guy with that much talent playing on a team like Dallas.
    18 team Dynasty Head 2 Head - 25 man Roster - (Keep as many as you want)
    G A P PPA PPG HITS GWG SOG
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

Thought this would be a good place to leave this:

https://didnichushkinscoreyet.com/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Funny thread looking back now. He's going to have a monster finish to the season to reach that 65 point range.