Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help me help my wife - final keeper - will rep

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Help me help my wife - final keeper - will rep

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    Thanks all! Spreading rep where I can. She's going with Hamilton and I'm printing this thread as proof that for once in our marriage, I was right

The "don't keep Anderson" angle is one I should have thought about more. As best I can project, the goalies that will be available to draft are:

- Allen
    - Raanta
    - Markstrom
    - Hutton & Saros
    - Varlamov & Grubauer
    - Lehner & Greiss
    - Reimer & Luongo

3 GM's are only keeping one goalie and all pick before my wife, so I assume the goalie run will start early (it always does) and three of the names above are gone before her draft spot. That leaves her with 3 options:

1. There is 1 GM who has 3 goalies right now and. Hellebuyck, Mike Smith and Antti Raanta. We can only keep 2 goalies, so assuming Hellebuyck is untouchable, she could try to trade Stone and Yandle / Kane for Smith / Raanta and a draft pick. Is either one of those goalies a good enough upgrade over Anderson to go this route?
    2. Drop Anderson and keep Yandle / Kane, then hope there's a good enough goalie available at her pick. The drawback is that most of the ones that are left will be timeshares, so she'll have to use 2 early picks to grab them both just to secure a 2nd goalie.
    3. Keep Anderson.
    Keep Hamilton & another skater if she can't deal for a goalie.

Options 1 & 2 make sense. Option 3 is bad.

I'd try and get Raanta, as he may have least value to the guy, and longer term as a starter. Both options there are way better than Anderson who I don't have a top 30 fantasy goalie. There are tandem halves I'd greatly prefer, and I think Anderson asked for a trade in the summer.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Another vote for Hamilton!
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Pro

Hamilton and drop Andy. Maybe trade him and Stone for someone? If anyone would take them.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel
    D - Bouchard, Dobson
    G - Vasilevskiy
    B -
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I'd go with Hamilton here. She's already got two LW, two RW, and Goalies set, plus a C. It seems like keeping a top-tier Dman would be the largest contribution to her core. Filling out centers is easy, and like I said, she's already set up nicely on the wings with Benn/Panarin and Ehlers/Boeser.
    Hamilton as well for the reasons mounD stated
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Rule # 1 - Win Fantasy Hockey at all costs...

Therefore... tell her to keep Yandle and then laugh when he is the worst of the options when you beat her in the finals again!

In all seriousness I would Keep Hamilton out of that group.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks all! She ended up dropping Anderson, keeping Hamilton & Yandle, and trading Kane + her 8th Round pick for a 2nd Round pick (with the hopes that she can grab one of the tandems with 2, 2nd round picks now, if needed).
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    Thanks all! Spreading rep where I can. She's going with Hamilton and I'm printing this thread as proof that for once in our marriage, I was right

The "don't keep Anderson" angle is one I should have thought about more. As best I can project, the goalies that will be available to draft are:

- Allen
    - Raanta
    - Markstrom
    - Hutton & Saros
    - Varlamov & Grubauer
    - Lehner & Greiss
    - Reimer & Luongo

3 GM's are only keeping one goalie and all pick before my wife, so I assume the goalie run will start early (it always does) and three of the names above are gone before her draft spot. That leaves her with 3 options:

1. There is 1 GM who has 3 goalies right now and. Hellebuyck, Mike Smith and Antti Raanta. We can only keep 2 goalies, so assuming Hellebuyck is untouchable, she could try to trade Stone and Yandle / Kane for Smith / Raanta and a draft pick. Is either one of those goalies a good enough upgrade over Anderson to go this route?
    2. Drop Anderson and keep Yandle / Kane, then hope there's a good enough goalie available at her pick. The drawback is that most of the ones that are left will be timeshares, so she'll have to use 2 early picks to grab them both just to secure a 2nd goalie.
    3. Keep Anderson.
    I also think Hamilton & Kane are the way to go. I want Raanta more than any other G on that list... by a wide margin. If she can use stone to trade for him pre-drops - that's what I would do. Raanta will join the Dubnyk, Jones tier in goalies this year.. I've tried to pay and overpay to obtain him, no one budges.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4