Thread: Crawford or Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Crawford or Lundqvist

Keep 10. I have Raanta, Lundqvist, Crawford. Only planned to keep Raanta and Crawford. Do I keep Lundqvist as a sure fire starter, or gamble that Crawford will be back before too long?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Crawford or Lundqvist

I would err on the side of caution and go with Lundqvist. They're both mid level goalies on teams that may not be that good this year. Crawford has put up better numbers lately, but there are a lot of red flags with him, the team and the fact that their division makes their season that much harder. It's not worth the risk to me; I'll take my chances with Henrik.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Big Daddy

Do you have to keep 2 goalies or can you use that keeper spot on a skater? I'm keeping Lundqvist over Crawford for what it's worth. Crawford is too risky.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Expert

Lundqvist will play. Crawford may play. Crawford may not play.

Lundqvist, quite easily.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Do you have to keep 2 goalies or can you use that keeper spot on a skater? I'm keeping Lundqvist over Crawford for what it's worth. Crawford is too risky.
    In a keep 10 I would expect the G crop in the draft to be pretty weak, but if OP could clarify how many teams there are/typical goalies available in the draft that would be helpful.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    In a keep 10 I would expect the G crop in the draft to be pretty weak, but if OP could clarify how many teams there are/typical goalies available in the draft that would be helpful.
    11 teams, keep 10. A few times will be keeping 3 goalies (one has Rinne, Quick, Vas the other has Rask, Talbot, Helle). Last year's draft was super thin - Brian Elliot, Greiss/Halak, Luongo/Reimer. I expect the same this year. My intended keepers are Stamkos, Seguin, Eichel, Panarin, Aho, Reinhart, Ghost, Letang + 2 goalies, but I could swap the 3rd in for Reinhart as he'd be way easier to redraft.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by tux View Post
    11 teams, keep 10. A few times will be keeping 3 goalies (one has Rinne, Quick, Vas the other has Rask, Talbot, Helle). Last year's draft was super thin - Brian Elliot, Greiss/Halak, Luongo/Reimer. I expect the same this year. My intended keepers are Stamkos, Seguin, Eichel, Panarin, Aho, Reinhart, Ghost, Letang + 2 goalies, but I could swap the 3rd in for Reinhart as he'd be way easier to redraft.
    I think you want to avoid having to carry a tandem and if that's what kind of Gs are available again, you will want to keep all 3 of those starters. Not sure where you pick, but if there are any #1s available in the draft they will be scooped up immediately, and weak tandems on weak teams is what will be left for you. I'd say it's easier for you to just grab Ward as insurance late in your redraft than have to reach on a weak tandem to shore up your goalies.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by tux View Post
    I like this option.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    I like this option.
    +1
    i'd say this is your best option as well