Thread: Dahlin vs. picks 9, 17, 24+

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dahlin vs. picks 9, 17, 24+

Points only. Keep 40 rookies <100gp. Keep 10 main roster. 11 teams.

Which side would you rather:

Dahlin

or

rookie picks #9, 17, 24 + top 10 main draft pick + one of Evgeny Svech, A Nylander, Sikura (there could be more names - I'm just speculating on who could be included)

Main draft pick could snag a good D like Josi/Pietrangelo/Hamilton. Perhaps someone like Bergeron/JT Miller/Duchene/Skinner at forward.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Dahlin vs. picks 9, 17, 24+

Seems like a pretty good deal to me! That’s a lot of assets for a guy who hasn’t play one nhl game...
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Looks like it could be:

Dahlin vs rookie picks #9,17,24 + main draft pick #7 + rookies ho-sang, bjork, heinen.

Main draft pick would net one of:

hoff
    dadonov
    piet
    barrie
    josi
    bailey
    skinner
    hamilton
    bergeron

+ probably more but haven't figured out everyone's keepers yet

Dobber Sports Monster

Seems like a lot of " stuff" being thrown to the wall to see what sticks.
    Dahlin is supposed to be legit stud franchise D.
    You get a bunch of decent spare parts, but I think I'd actually wait and see before moving him.
    It's 11 teams. Surely you aren't in bad shape to where you are forced to deal to improve??
    I'd hold Dahlin.

Dobber Sports Legend

Don't be the Pierre Dorion of fantasy hockey.

Wouldn't trade Dahlin for that... ever.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Don't be the Pierre Dorion of fantasy hockey.

Wouldn't trade Dahlin for that... ever.
    Not much of a fair comparison. If that was the haul for Karlsson in real life it would be good Also D men have pretty low value in my league (whether for good reason or not). I grabbed Ghost for a 3rd round pick in the off season. Only 1d usually get kept per team so lots of good D get dumped back each year. If Dahlin doesn't become fantasy relevant by season 2 (i.e. once he hits the 100 gp rookie cap), he would need to be kept on the main roster and it wouldn't be ideal if he was only producing 40-50 points. Not saying I will do the trade, but just to give some background on the value.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take that deal and run. The D you get from the main draft pick is likely to be better than Dahlin for a few years.

The prospect you get will be keepable on farm after this year, and is NHL caliber.

Now to address the rookie picks. You get 40 prospect roster slots as free keepers, until they hit 100 GP. This deal gives you 2 more shots at useful players, admiteddly at lower tier prospects, and most rookies are a crapshoot as to productivity early.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

So two seasons of Dahlin as a prospect - before you need to lock him in as a keeper - entering his third year. I'm holding the kid..

I'm with Fung on this one. It'll be a deal you remember making in five years when he's lighting up the league and you didn't keep any of those assets beyond when Dahlin becomes a keeper option.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would take Dahlin and forget all the spare change!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sounds like he is open to moving DeBrincat, Heiskanen Puljujarvi, or Samsonov in the deal. Would that change it for any of you? Samsonov def peaks my interest as goalies are hard to come by.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be fine with any of those coming back. Honestly, I'd be all in on taking the deal, as long as you get a guy with decent certainty of NHL productivity as the prospect. Samsonov may also be worth it considering how high he is rated as a goalie, but that's more of a crapshoot than a defenseman.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.