Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Krug vs Letang (points only)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Krug vs Letang (points only)

For a keeper, I'd go Krug. He's a safer play with a high offensive ceiling himself. I'm curious how many keepers in total? positional requirements for keepers? how many D in total are being kept? -- all influence ability to redraft. Depending on all this, Krug might be the easier re-draft as there's this whole notion that McAvoy is going to rip into his PP time this season. Whereas in Pitts, it's Letang period
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    For a keeper, I'd go Krug. He's a safer play with a high offensive ceiling himself. I'm curious how many keepers in total? positional requirements for keepers? how many D in total are being kept? -- all influence ability to redraft. Depending on all this, Krug might be the easier re-draft as there's this whole notion that McAvoy is going to rip into his PP time this season. Whereas in Pitts, it's Letang period
    10 keepers, start 11 f, 4 d, Krug would be my only at this point, out of all the gms 12-13 d are kept. My alternative is to drop Mark Stone and redraft him later each point whether f/d are the same. You think his redraft value will be easier than Letang?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Krug for me please..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Nardwuar View Post
    10 keepers, start 11 f, 4 d, Krug would be my only at this point, out of all the gms 12-13 d are kept. My alternative is to drop Mark Stone and redraft him later each point whether f/d are the same. You think his redraft value will be easier than Letang?
    I think Krug and Letang have roughly the same redraft value. One has a lengthy history of injuries, missed time and age going against him. The other has the notion of his top PP spot being taken within the first part of the season. Others will see a veteran who, despite his injuries, has put up a lot of points and has a cushy spot on a top PP. others will also see a younger stud who’s got a good hold on a strong PP and put up 37 points in his last 41 games last year. Which is all to say I don’t think there’s a clear choice when it comes to where these two will be drafted.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Genius

I just traded for Letang ( a tad buy low right now ) but I would place Krug just a hair ahead of Letang. With Kris, we all know it's high risk, high reward.

Letang did play 78 games last year to Krug's 76. Letang threw 222 sog, his 2nd highest to date vs Krug's 197. Letang received ~5 minutes of more ice per game too. Letang's shooting percentage was in line with his average, whereas Krug's was slightly higher than his normal - does this continue?

Krug's 24 power play points with less ice time is impressive however.

I'm waivering I know. Both are excellent pieces to own in most leagues. Letang has the #1 power play secure and is passing to 3 of the top 10 scorers in the NHL last year. McAvoy is on the rise - be aware.

Krug by a hair by me. But don't let Letang slide in your drafts. Beast mode in Pitts this year.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.