Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1st overall pick

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: 1st overall pick

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Gotcha, that clears that up. So these guys are looking at now are just for the upcoming season and wont be kept either, correct?

If that's the case, I'd go with Ovechkin.
    That is correct. I lean towards Ovie myself. Over McDavid huh?
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Take a look at who all was drafted in the first 3 rounds last year? What goalies were drafted?? With the decrease value in goalies because the change in stats... there should be a few less.

If you take a look at the NHL mock draft from some wannabes in this community...you will notice that only 1 goalie was drafted in the first 2 rounds. And only 3 goalies in the first 3 rounds.

NHL Mock Draft - PICKS

Yes, this draft only had 12 drafters, but it is a roto league with similar stats. VAsileksiy was drafted at pick #27, which lines up with your 2nd round pick... and Andersen was drafted shortly after. So there should be some decent options if you MUST draft a goalie in 2nd/3rd round pick. But if these goalies are drafted, there will be some very talented skaters for you to choose from at the 2/3 turn.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Take a look at who all was drafted in the first 3 rounds last year? What goalies were drafted?? With the decrease value in goalies because the change in stats... there should be a few less.

If you take a look at the NHL mock draft from some wannabes in this community...you will notice that only 1 goalie was drafted in the first 2 rounds. And only 3 goalies in the first 3 rounds.

NHL Mock Draft - PICKS

Yes, this draft only had 12 drafters, but it is a roto league with similar stats. VAsileksiy was drafted at pick #27, which lines up with your 2nd round pick... and Andersen was drafted shortly after. So there should be some decent options if you MUST draft a goalie in 2nd/3rd round pick. But if these goalies are drafted, there will be some very talented skaters for you to choose from at the 2/3 turn.
    That's very interesting. I doubt it would go like that in my league. People are accustomed to taking Goalies early but that will change some this season. God a draft like that would be a dream... I may have to grab two goalies with the 2nd and 3rd pick as i get two there back to back but we'll see. I gotta take Ovie here I think..
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%