Thread: Win and a Hold

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Win and a Hold

Calling all baseball experts! Does anyone know if a pitcher can get a Win and a Hold in the same game in Yahoo?? Supposedly it can't happen based on MLB stats but reading this morning it sounds like Yahoo scores things a bit differently.

Josh Hader got both last night and I have own him in a league where Holds are separate....but then Im facing him in a league with SV+Hld. So Catch 22. But ya....SP for Mil didn't pitch 5 and Hader came in when the Brewers were already winning! Very bizarre.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Win and a Hold

I was looking at that line, because I started the SP for the Brewers last night and noticed I didn't get the win. And I was reading up on how a win was determined. But I don't understand how Hader received the W, when there was a few RP in between the starter and him.

That is weird that Yahoo would award W and H on there own basis rather than the official ruling of the MLB.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Win and a Hold

I found a Yahoo thread from earlier this year where it looks like Gsellman had this happen. I have no idea if it stuck as no one updated after the initial complaining haha.