Thread: Evan Bouchard in multicat

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Evan Bouchard in multicat

Hello OHL experts

What can you tell me about Bouchards potential in PIM, hits, blocks, (and shots)? Will he be worth anything, or will he be more of an assist/PPP-only guy like e.g. Keith or Barrie?

Thanks for your inputs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Evan Bouchard in multicat

Shots are going to be higher, like Dougie Hamilton level if he develops according to plan. I don't know enough about the rest of his playing style to tell you about the other stats though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't see him ever being a monster for hits and blocks but I expect he will do a lot better in those categories than Q. Hughes or Boqvist if you're comparing him to other D drafted this year. He's not nearly the skater they are and he'll be more likely to force attackers into the boards and if that's not happening he'll be able to clog up shooting chances with his size.

As for PIMS, I can't see him contributing much there, he came across as fairly disciplined last season especially when the Knights fell off and he stepped up. He was averaging 30min on ice every game and not even averaging a 2min penalty every other game.

SOG is going to be his real bread & butter in multi-cat. If he even comes close to his potential he could easily lead SOG by defense year after year.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Blocks is a no...hits is most certainly a no, he gives hugs and kisses not hits sorry to tell you. His actual defensive game is below average at best, especially off the rush...so expect him to be a PP guy, bottom pairing...will provide you PP Points and Shots
    No Salary Cap,10 Teams, 5 Keepers per year, Head 2 Head
    Team Per Night, change players every night: 3C,3LW,3RW,4D,3 UTIL, 4BN,2G
    Scoring Cats: G,A,+/-,Special Team Pts ,HIT,DEF PTS, W,SVS,GAA,SV%

C - Larkin, Ry Jo, Couture, Dubois
    LW- Panarin, Pacioretty, Konency, Rust
    RW- Meier, Oshie, Stone
    D- J. Carlson, Letang, Trouba, Ellis, Sanheim, Martinez, Klefbom
    G- Hart, Keumper, Blackwood

IR - Erik Karlsson, Mikko Rantanen