Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seguin or Stamkos - Will Rep

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Seguin or Stamkos - Will Rep

Seguin by a mile.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Just wondering if the posters suggesting Seguin is more of a multicat player realize the Stamkos has averaged 90 hits and 66 pims per 82 games over his career while Seguin is 55 hits and 25 pims per 82. Seguin does have a solid edge in shots and last year he had a big FO win advantage but typically they finish the season with similar FOW totals.

Stamkos also plays on a deeper team and would be more likely to handle injuries to line mates or roster shuffling better than Seguin.

Both are skilled superstar players and the two year age difference is minor as far far as I?m concerned.

It is close and I?d love to have either on my team but I?d recommend leaning towards Stammer.
    I did take Stammer?s hits into account and if you notice his hits were down last year to 61 - probably a result of him not wanting to injure himself again. Also of note, he?s no longer playing on the PK - he hurt his meniscus playing on the PK after a hit if you recall.

Of importance here is that Seguin had 335 SOG last year to 220 or so from Stammer. Seguin had 760 FW as opposed to 460 from Stammer; Seguin 74 hits to 61 from Stammer; Seguin 44 blks to 34 or so from Stammer.

It?s close but Seguin far exceeds Stamkos in FW and SOG... and does (albeit minimally) also win out on hits and blks. My comments on pts remain unchanged from my previous post.

I just don?t see stammer scoring goals like he used to or hitting at a 90 hit average any longer
    League: H2H - Keep 15
    Managers: 12
    Rosters: 25 (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN)

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Projected Keepers in Bold (Rebuild)
    C: Bedard, Suzuki, Cozens, Lundell
    LW: Laine, Raymond, Zegras, Byfield
    RW: Caufield, Jarvis, Perfetti, Kakko, Kaliyev, Marchenko,
    D: Seider, Bouchard, L. Hughes, Sanderson, Korchinski, Romanov, Brodin
    G: Demko, Thompson, Kochetkov
    2023 Picks Rd: (1: 1, 3, 12), (3: 25), (4: 37), (5: 51, 57), (6: 63), 7, 8

Championships: 2016, 2018, 2019

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    I did take Stammer?s hits into account and if you notice his hits were down last year to 61 - probably a result of him not wanting to injure himself again. Also of note, he?s no longer playing on the PK - he hurt his meniscus playing on the PK after a hit if you recall.

Of importance here is that Seguin had 335 SOG last year to 220 or so from Stammer. Seguin had 760 FW as opposed to 460 from Stammer; Seguin 74 hits to 61 from Stammer; Seguin 44 blks to 34 or so from Stammer.

It?s close but Seguin far exceeds Stamkos in FW and SOG... and does (albeit minimally) also win out on hits and blks. My comments on pts remain unchanged from my previous post.

I just don?t see stammer scoring goals like he used to or hitting at a 90 hit average any longer
    To each their own and I did point out most of these bold points in my post. Maybe Stamkos turned into a little sissy boy last year and will continue being that from here on out but their career averages do prefer him in categories that more than a few posters were seeming to suggest Seguin dominates, which, so far is a one year anomaly.

I also wonder how much of that boost in Hits/FOs compaired to the norm was the Hitchcock effect. Seguin is in a contract year so maybe he does see an increase in other stats but it still remains to be seen what the new coaches style is and how he will utilize his players.

I felt it was relavent to make those other points as I see the difference between them being more of a coin flip than the full domination given to Seguin in this thread.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Sage

I think it's close enough that id keep whichever of the two I owned. I'd ask the other gm for a small add and then probably do it. He came to you for the swap so he must value Stamkos over Seguin for some reason, so he pays slightly more.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports All-Star

Another vote for Sequin. Contracts year. New coach can't be as defensive minded as Hitchcock was. Consistency.

Plus my gut is telling me that Tyler is going to have a career season for what little that is worth
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen