Thread: Which Ds should I keep?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Which Ds should I keep?

I need some of your advice on my D keepers.

For my last forward I went Keller over Schenn because Schenn lost his LW position.
    It wasn't easy but I always have a multi-position C for my last center.
    Also, I think the arrival of ROR might hurt Schenn's value a little.

For a goalie, simply I decided to keep Murray only because he has a better team in front of him and his age.

Karlsson and Provorov are easy D keepers for me, but I can't decide between OEL and Risto.
    Despite all the injury and personal issues, I am not sure if OEL could bounce back this year.
    Risto is a multicat monster, but Dahlin played crazy in his dev camp and debut game a few days ago.

Please give your thoughts guys.

Thanks!
    10 Team Yahoo 8 Keeper league(H2H) - Re-drated this year
    18-19 - Champion
    19-20 - Champion
    21-22 - Champion
    22-23 - Champion

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G (4B, 1IR, 2IR+)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO, 4 Minimum

C: Tavares, Stutzle(LW), Kyrou(RW)
    LW: Guentzel, E.Kane
    RW: M.Tkachuck(LW), Meier(LW), Konecny(LW)
    D: McAvoy, Dobson, Chychrun, Trouba, Mintyukov

G: Hellebuyck, Gustavsson, Husso

IR+: Montour
    IR+: Laine(C,LW,RW)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Which Ds should I keep?

Don't over think Dahlin. He is great but an 18 year old rookie. Risto will be his regular monster self this season. Just my two bits.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

I like Risto here
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Icon

I'd take OEL - Ristolainen is close but I think OEL is more likely to be a big contributor as the no 1 guy in a future offensive powerhouse in Arizona, and his plus/minus won't be terrible forever!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

I did a recent cage match on Risto vs. Provorov and on that basis would keep OEL.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

OEL is coming off not just one but two down years. Risto is on the rise and I don't think an 18-year-old rookie (even of Dahlin's caliber) is going to cut into his numbers that much. Plus the peripherals make this an easy choice. Risto will smoke OEL in Hits and Blocks. I think he will outproduce him across the board myself except for maybe SOG.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Give me OEL in this one, Arizona has improved and they'll tons of talent on that PP. Don't get me wrong, Buffalo also has loads of talent, but Dahlin worries me, yes he's 18 and all, but I can see them sheltering him and giving him PP time similar to what NJ did with Butcher which could hurt Risto.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    OEL is coming off not just one but two down years. Risto is on the rise and I don't think an 18-year-old rookie (even of Dahlin's caliber) is going to cut into his numbers that much. Plus the peripherals make this an easy choice. Risto will smoke OEL in Hits and Blocks. I think he will outproduce him across the board myself except for maybe SOG.
    Did you read my cage match on Risto? If not, you should - it might change your tune. I don't have a dog in this fight - just trying to make sure Risto fans are aware of what I dug up.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Did you read my cage match on Risto? If not, you should - it might change your tune. I don't have a dog in this fight - just trying to make sure Risto fans are aware of what I dug up.
    I did read it. I still believe Ristolainen is the real deal though. I don't necessarily think he's going to reach the height that some do, but I believe he will at least sustain where he is at. My choosing Risto over OEL is more about being down on OEL than being up on Risto. His -28 last season cost me the chance of advancing to the Dobber Experts League in the tiered invitational.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I did read it. I still believe Ristolainen is the real deal though. I don't necessarily think he's going to reach the height that some do, but I believe he will at least sustain where he is at. My choosing Risto over OEL is more about being down on OEL than being up on Risto. His -28 last season cost me the chance of advancing to the Dobber Experts League in the tiered invitational.
    Fair enough - and good point about the OEL minus. I still opt for OEL though.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Choikr View Post
    I need some of your advice on my D keepers.

For my last forward I went Keller over Schenn because Schenn lost his LW position.
    It wasn't easy but I always have a multi-position C for my last center.
    Also, I think the arrival of ROR might hurt Schenn's value a little.

For a goalie, simply I decided to keep Murray only because he has a better team in front of him and his age.

Karlsson and Provorov are easy D keepers for me, but I can't decide between OEL and Risto.
    Despite all the injury and personal issues, I am not sure if OEL could bounce back this year.
    Risto is a multicat monster, but Dahlin played crazy in his dev camp and debut game a few days ago.

Please give your thoughts guys.

Thanks!
    He is awesome yet a multi year old new kid on the block. Risto will be his consistent creature self this season. Simply my two bits.
    Last edited by CharlesODaigle; September 30, 2018 at 12:48 PM.

The Great One

I prefer OEL only slightly. Can't fault anyone for picking Risto instead, though. It is a close call.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98