Thread: 3rd vs 5th and 13th

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default 3rd vs 5th and 13th

I'm in full rebuild mode, I could potentially trade so that i have 3rd overall, or 5th and 13th.
    There are a few 2017 draft guys available who are now rated as top prospects: Donato, Thomas, Roslovic, Sikura, are the biggest names. Obviously all 2018 guys are available.

What do you guys think, based on these 2017 guys left over? Go for 3rd, probably take Zadina, or go 5th and 13th and get wahlstrom/hughes plus whoever at 13? I'm torn, the hype on Zadina is unreal but some of these guys are rated higher than him in The Dob-miester's rankings (I know NHL readyness plays a role). I'm all about maximum upside in this case, even if I have to wait a few extra years.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: 3rd vs 5th and 13th

I would take the two for one deal. Zadina is a terrific prospect but there will be good ones at 5 and 13, especially if you have prospects left from previous years. I got Kravtsov at 13 so if you got something like that plus whoever you get at 5 you’ll do well. That said, if the other owner is super hyped on Zadina then see if he’ll sweeten the pot.

Dobber Sports Pro

Totally agree with SD here . It’s such a solid draft year, keep 5 and 13. You could end up with Wahlstrom or Hugues at 5 ( both are not that far from Zadina ). And with those 2017 guys, I’m pretty sure you’re gonna get another solid prospect at 13.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Gerb View Post
    I'm in full rebuild mode, I could potentially trade so that i have 3rd overall, or 5th and 13th.
    There are a few 2017 draft guys available who are now rated as top prospects: Donato, Thomas, Roslovic, Sikura, are the biggest names. Obviously all 2018 guys are available.

What do you guys think, based on these 2017 guys left over? Go for 3rd, probably take Zadina, or go 5th and 13th and get wahlstrom/hughes plus whoever at 13? I'm torn, the hype on Zadina is unreal but some of these guys are rated higher than him in The Dob-miester's rankings (I know NHL readyness plays a role). I'm all about maximum upside in this case, even if I have to wait a few extra years.

Thanks
    How many teams in this league?

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm huge on Zadina, but I would consider doing Zadina for Hughes/Wahlstrom + _________.

Do some research on who will likely drop to 13. If you can get Kravstov there, oh man, you're laughing!
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Unless this is a very shallow league, #5 and #13 is the better choice. With some leftovers from last year, you'll get a very good prospect at #13. I would also seriously consider Robert Thomas at #5.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

There are 12 teams. I have no idea what the other teams will go for at 6-10.

You think long term that Thomas is worth a pick ahead of wahlstrom? I have lots of potential 50-60 point guys in the pipeline, so I'm leaning towards high upside. What do you think? You're the prospect guru so your advice is much appreciated.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Gerb View Post
    There are 12 teams. I have no idea what the other teams will go for at 6-10.

You think long term that Thomas is worth a pick ahead of wahlstrom? I have lots of potential 50-60 point guys in the pipeline, so I'm leaning towards high upside. What do you think? You're the prospect guru so your advice is much appreciated.
    Yeah I think they can both be in the 70 point range. If your league rewards SOG, gives added bonus to goals or separates wingers from centers, then Wahlstrom becomes more valuable. But no such information was provided, so I'm assuming it's points-only with just forwards. And I have more trust in Thomas right now because he's further along in his development (development doesn't always go perfectly).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Yeah I think they can both be in the 70 point range. If your league rewards SOG, gives added bonus to goals or separates wingers from centers, then Wahlstrom becomes more valuable. But no such information was provided, so I'm assuming it's points-only with just forwards. And I have more trust in Thomas right now because he's further along in his development (development doesn't always go perfectly).
    Right you are, points only and no winger/center distinction. Thanks for the advice.