Thread: Bell/Conner for D. Johnson and 2019 pick

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Bell/Conner for D. Johnson and 2019 pick

Standard scoring.

My friend, a huge Steelers fan, is trying capitalize on the Lev Bell uncertainty by offfering me Cook and L. Murray for Bell and Conner. I said "no", but considering he is a fan, I was considering counter-offering Bell+ Conner and my 4th in 2019 for D. Johnson and his 2nd in 2019.

It's a "keep 3" league, and I need to drop a player to pick up a kicker so a 2 for 1 isn't the end of the world. My problems are:

1. I believe in the Steelers offence more than Arizona's (especially after Bradford gets hurt)

2. I don't have Johnson's handcuff

3. I haven't seen Johnson play nearly as much, and Bell is the more proven commodity.

What do you think ? Would you make this counteroffer? Do you like Johnson in a Keeper more than Bell?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Bell/Conner for D. Johnson and 2019 pick

I, for one, do like DJ as a keeper more than Bell. I agree that the Steelers' offense if far superior to the Cards. But at this point, the risk that Bell simply sits out this season (or at least for an extended period) is real. Based on the comments yesterday from his O-line calling Bell out for being selfish -- and from management today that they will not be rescinding his franchise tag, which is the only situation under which he could get a new deal this season given the date -- this has all the makings of getting really ugly, even if he returns. And even if he does return this season, it's seeming increasingly unlikely that Bell will be with the Steelers next season (hell, that could even happen this year if the Steelers opt to trade him to a team willing to pay him the coin he's looking for). Obviously, his value going forward could change drastically if/when he lands somewhere else.

With that said, Conner is no slouch. And not to detract at all from Bell's obvious talent, but the Pittsburgh system helps tremendously in his production. So Conner is not a mere throw in -- I've seen several "experts" rank Conner as a top 12 back with Bell out.

So all in all, I'd be up for making that trade. But I'd see if you can widen the gap between those draft picks.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In theory, Bell and Conner is the better side because next year you'll have 2 starting RBs, but in a keep 3 that matters less. I would do it if you remove the 4.

Bell and Conner for DJ and a 2 is more than fair. As for the "handcuff" just pick up Chase Edmunds.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thank you both for your insight. He didn’t bite. Apparently he thinks the scheme is what makes Bell great, and if he goes somewhere other than Pittsburgh, he won’t be that great.

I beg to differ.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov