Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: Public Recruitment

The Wolverine

Default 2018/19 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: Public Recruitment

Update September 18th AM - We are full!

Thanks everyone for their interest and good luck!

Welcome to the 2018/19 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational!

Do you want to compete against your fellow DobberHockey readers for a chance to become ultimate champion?

What it's all about

This is a tiered competition consisting of annual one-year rotisserie leagues, which are held on Yahoo, and run and participated by members of DobberHockey. Previously managed by Dobber himself, this competition began in 2007 so this season will be the 12th year running. There are three tiers, which comprise of the Entry, Pro and Expert divisions.

Interested? Read on!

If you don't have a forum account yet

If you expect to be interested and haven't created a forum account yet, I highly recommend you register soon and start posting to have your account approved. Otherwise, this could cause delays and may result in missing out on your choice. Please note that only once you start posting can your account be approved, which can take a few days. This will make your post visible and allows you to start sending private messages.

Public recruitment is now open! Please read the information carefully before you express your interest in joining the competition.

For full competition details, please read the attachment below. If you are not familiar with this competition, I highly recommend you read the attachment fully. The initial information thread is located here for reference.

There is currently a choice of these leagues, each with a draft date already assigned:

Smythe: Monday, September 24th at 9pm Eastern ***FULL***
    Norris: Tuesday, September 25th at 9pm Eastern ***FULL***
    Patrick: Wednesday, September 26th at 9pm Eastern ***FULL***
    Adams: Saturday, September 29th at 3pm Eastern ***FULL***

Please note, if a league fills before I get the chance to update the available slots, I will contact you for a different date, if available.

If you want to join but your preferred leagues are full, I can put you on a waiting list as long as you send me the info requested below. But it will be first come, first served and others who have flexibility will get priority.

In order to receive an invitation to join a league, you MUST do the following (both steps):

1. Post a message in this thread.
    - No details are needed here, just a note saying that you are interested. If you don't post in this thread, you won't get an invite. After you add your post...

2. Send me a private message with the following details:
    - Subject: "Dobber League"
    - Your email address for the invite.
    - Your ONE preferred date from the choices listed.
    - Other available dates from the choices listed (flexibility). More options provided gives you a better chance of finding a suitable league.
    - Whether you are willing to autodraft on any of those dates if your availability changes.

To reiterate the above, we need ALL of the above to ensure you get an invitation. Furthermore, you are not guaranteed a place until you have joined the league. So, please join the league as soon as possible after receiving the invite.

I'll confirm and send the invitation as soon as I can. I am also based in Scotland, so often I may not see your posts until the following day. Furthermore, as we all have busy lives, I would appreciate your patience.

Over to you!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by horrorfan; September 18, 2018 at 8:44 AM. Reason: Updated available place numbers

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: 2018/19 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: Public Recruitment Open!

I am interested in joining!
    Yahoo H2H 2017-2018 CHAMPIONS! (Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1 Utility, 2 Goalies, 5 Bench)
    Categories Skaters: (Goals, Assists, +/-, SOG, PPP, Hits, Blocks) Goalies (W, GAA, SV%, SO)

Forwards: Marchand, Gaudreau, Scheifele, Konecny, W.Karlsson, D.Perron, Arvidsson, Deslauriers, Steen, Atkinson
    Defensemen: Klingberg, Hamilton, Yandle, Barrie, Larsson, H.Lindholm
    Goalies: Varlamov, Vasilevskiy

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFire View Post
    I am interested in joining!
    Invite sent.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry to ask but on the Yahoo it says the draft is at 6 PM EST for the Norris, it's going to be at 9 PM right? I get home at 8 PM EST lol so that's why I'm asking
    Yahoo H2H 2017-2018 CHAMPIONS! (Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1 Utility, 2 Goalies, 5 Bench)
    Categories Skaters: (Goals, Assists, +/-, SOG, PPP, Hits, Blocks) Goalies (W, GAA, SV%, SO)

Forwards: Marchand, Gaudreau, Scheifele, Konecny, W.Karlsson, D.Perron, Arvidsson, Deslauriers, Steen, Atkinson

The Wolverine

Sorry to ask but on the Yahoo it says the draft is at 6 PM EST for the Norris, it's going to be at 9 PM right? I get home at 8 PM EST lol so that's why I'm asking
    Strange, could you be set for the Yahoo default time, which is west coast? I just checked and I'm based in Scotland which is 5 hours ahead of EST, and it shows being at 2am, which is 9pm EST. Can you confirm please?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Strange, could you be set for the Yahoo default time, which is west coast? I just checked and I'm based in Scotland which is 5 hours ahead of EST, and it shows being at 2am, which is 9pm EST. Can you confirm please?
    Oh wait, I apologize, Yahoo ignored my time zone and I didn't notice it said PDT after. Sorry, it's fine!

The Wolverine

Oh wait, I apologize, Yahoo ignored my time zone and I didn't notice it said PDT after. Sorry, it's fine!
    No worries, glad it's sorted!

The Wolverine

Updated places available - come along an secure your spot!

Smythe: Monday, September 24th at 9pm Eastern ***6 places available***
    Norris: Tuesday, September 25th at 9pm Eastern ***6 places available***
    Patrick: Wednesday, September 26th at 9pm Eastern ***6 places available***
    Adams: Saturday, September 29th at 3pm Eastern ***6 places available***

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm interested.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm interested.
    Invite sent.

The Wolverine

Come join and secure your place!

Dobber Sports Novice

I am interested

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Fraser View Post
    I am interested
    Invite sent.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I'm interested.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I am definitely interested